I am currently a Reader with Department of Engineering, Faculty of Science and Engineering, University of Wolverhampton. I was recently with School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering, University of Essex.
My research area is on biological signal processing, mainly signals from the brain and heart. I study these signals (such as EEG, PCG and ECG) for several applications: brain-computer interface, biometrics, electrophysiological analysis, cardiovascular disease diagnosis and stress management. I utilise tools like advanced signal processing and machine learning (such as neural networks and genetic algorithms) in my work. Further, I also process signals for various engineering and computer science applications.
Do contact me if you are interested in any aspect of my work, for example if you would like to do a PhD or would like to collaborate with me.
Digital Systems book (free to download)
- Music generation with brain-computer interface (BCI) video
- Cursor control with SSVEP BCI video
- Virtual phonepad using eye movements and blinks video1 video2
- Password generation using thoughts video
BBC Radio Essex interview
- Drivetime by Ian Puckey, 4 pm, 30.03.11 audio
LinkedIn 'Emerging Biometrics' Group