Welcome to the literature corner of the RouteFlow project!
In this space we will collect (and eventually discuss) relevant related work in the OpenFlow and Software-Defined Networking space.
To begin with, here is a list of good academic papers (suggestions are more than welcome!) :
Related work (rough ordered by date)
- Andreas Wundsam, Dan Levin, Srini Seetharaman, and Anja Feldmann. 2011. OFRewind: enabling record and replay troubleshooting for networks. In Proceedings of the 2011 USENIXATC'11. Slides
- A. R. Curtis, Jeffrey C. Mogul, Jean Tourrilhes, Praveen Yalagandula, Puneet Sharma, and Sujata Banerjee. "DevoFlow: Scaling Flow Management for High-Performance Networks," SIGCOMM, 2011.
- C. Chen, L. Yuan, A. Greenberg, C-N. Chuah, and P. Mohapatra, "Routing-as-a-Service (RaaS): A Framework for Tenant-Directed Route Control in Data Center," IEEE INFOCOM, April 2011.
- D. Moon, J. Naous, J. Liu, K. Zarifis, M. Casado, T. Koponen, S. Shenker, L. Breslau, "Bridging the Software/Hardware Forwarding Divide", 2010
- T. Koponen, M. Casado, N. Gude, J. Stribling, L. Poutievski, M. Zhu, R. Ramanathan, Y. Iwata, H. Inoue, T. Hama, S. Shenker, “Onix: A Distributed Control Platform for Large-scale Production Networks”, Proceedings OSDI, October 2010
- E. Keller and J. Rexford. The 'Platform as a Service' model for networking. In INM/WREN 10, Apr. 2010.
- Nadi Sarrar, Anja Feldmann, Steve Uhlig, Rob Sherwood, Xin Huang, "FIBIUM: Towards Hardware Accelerated Software Routers", ACM SIGCOMM CoNeXT Student Workshop 2010, Technical Report. 2010
- Raffaele Bolla, Roberto Bruschi, Guerino Lamanna, and Andrea Ranieri. 2009. "DROP: an open-source project towards distributed SW router architectures". In Proceedings of the 28th IEEE conference on Global telecommunications (GLOBECOM'09), 2009.
- Hong Yan, David A. Maltz, T. S. Eugene Ng, Hemant Gogineni, Hui Zhang, Zheng Cai."Tesseract: A 4D Network Control Plane," Proceedings of USENIX Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation (NSDI '07), April 2007.
- Karthik Lakshminarayana, Ion Stoica, Scott Shenker, and Jennifer Rexford, "Routing as a Service," UC Berkeley Technical Report, UCB/EECS-2006-19, February 2006.
- Ramana Rao Kompella, Albert Greenberg, Jennifer Rexford, Alex C. Snoeren, and Jennifer Yates, "Cross-layer visibility as a service," Proc. ACM SIGCOMM HotNets Workshop, November 2005 (Bengt Ahlgren's public review).
- Matthew Caesar, Donald Caldwell, Nick Feamster, Jennifer Rexford, Aman Shaikh, and Jacobus van der Merwe, "Design and implementation of a Routing Control Platform,"nbsp;Proc. Networked Systems Design and Implementation, May 2005 (Matt's slides).
- Albert Greenberg, Gisli Hjalmtysson, David A. Maltz, Andy Myers, Jennifer Rexford, Geoffrey Xie, Hong Yan, Jibin Zhan, Hui Zhang. "A Clean Slate 4D Approach to Network Control and Management," ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review. 35(5). October, 2005.
- Jacobus Van der Merwe and Charles Kalmanek,
- T.V. Lakshman. T. Nandagopal. R. Ramjee. K. Sabnani. T. Woo. The SoftRouter Architecture, Hotnets, 2004.
- N. Feamster, H. Balakrishnan, J. Rexford, A. Shaikh, and J. van der Merwe. The case for separating routing from routers. In FDNA '04, 2004
Scott Shenker keynote at Ericsson research on deriving SDN from first principles and the role of abstractions in networking (pay attention to the scale-out router example)