Currently I am a Ramón y Cajal Fellow at the Dept. of Economics & Business of Universitat Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona. I obtained my PhD in the joint Rice – M.D. Anderson Statistics program (Houston, USA) under Peter Müller and did a postdoc under Valen Johnson and Veera Baladandayuthapani at M.D. Anderson. I spent several years at IRB Barcelona as head of Biostatistics & Biostatistics Unit and later at the University of Warwick Statistics Dept. (UK). On my free time I love biking & outdoors.
Broadly my research interests include high-dimensional inference, experimental design, dimensionality reduction and applied statistical modeling, with emphasis on the Bayesian approach. See the publications section for more details, or Google scholar for a publication list. Most of my methodology is available in R packages.
Get daily updated figures on COVID19 evolution here. Very basic Statistics to compare evolution across any countries you choose
Some funding opportunities
- LaCaixa InPhDInit program
- BGSMath PhD Program. https://bgsmath.cat/phd-calls-and-awards/
- Juan de la Cierva Fellowships. 2-year positions, with two options: “Incorporación” (for PhDs with 2-4 years of postdoc experience; 1 of them outside their hosting institution) and “Formación” (0-2 years postdoc experience). Funded by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (MINECO).
- BP-DGR (Beautriu de Pinós Grants).2 -year postdoc positions for researchers with a minimum of 2 years of postdoctoral experience abroad. Funded by Generalitat de Catalunya.
- Individual Fellowships-Marie Slodowska-Curie Actions. Funded by the European Commission, the IF-MSCA support top fellows from inside and outside Europe, through diverse instruments, providing excellent conditions to further independent research development.
- “La Caixa” Junior Leaders. Sponsored by Obra Social ”la Caixa”, the programme is aimed at hiring excellent international talent to continue their research career in Spain on any discipline.
- BGSMath Postdoctoral program https://bgsmath.cat/postdoc-calls-and-awards/
Mobility grants at UPF https://www.upf.edu/web/international//vine-a-la-upf-pdi
Older bits & pieces:
- Science careers article by Elisabeth Pain (2010).
- Agencia SINC and Diario Médico news on the Bayesian methods in Biostatistics and Bioinformatics conference (2012).