George Edwards and Son,
Bwlchgwyn

 
Op lic no: PG1046224/SI
George Edwards and Son Limited
         address:                         Berwyn, Bwlchgwyn, Wrexham, LL11 5UE
 
 website: -     www.georgeedwardsandson.co.uk

 

The business was started by George Edwards in 1923 using a Ford Model T - 14 seat vehicle. Routes included Llanarmon-yn-Ial and Bryneglwys to Wrexham. There was also a weekly route to Mold. By 1950 the health of George had deteriorated and his son Fred left his previous calling of sign writing to join the firm. The firm then changed its name to George Edwards and Son. Gareth (grandson of the founder), who currently runs the firm, joined the business during the 80's. The principal routes operated became Minera and Bwlchgwyn to Wrexham. In 2008 the route work was sold to D Jones and Son and the firm then concentrated on coach work including the operation of organised tours.


 
 


Photos of the whole fleet can be found by clicking here
 
 
Below is the current fleet list of the operator -

a 
historical list of vehicles used by the operator can be found by following the - link





Subpages (1): History - George Edwards