OFFERING AFFORDABLE HEALTH CARE FOR WOMEN . . . because women are WORTH it
WE ARE: WOMEN OF W.O.R.T.H., INC. is a non-profit organization of
health care providers and other providers and volunteers dedicated to
improving the health status of women in Georgia. W.O.R.T.H. stands for
Women's Organization for Reproductive and Total Health care.
Our Mission Statement:
Working to provide healthcare services
DONATE TO THE W.O.R.T.H. Clinic on PayPal or Network for Good:
and education to empower women in
Health care Services provided:
- WOMEN'S ANNUAL HEALTH SCREENINGS AND PAP SMEARS
- MANAGEMENT OF ABNORMAL PAP SMEARS (COLPOSCOPY)
- ALL BIRTH CONTROL METHODS INCLUDING IUD AND IMPLANON INSERTION AND REMOVAL
- STD TESTING AND TREATMENT
- PREGNANCY TESTING
- PRE-PREGNANCY COUNSELING
- MEDICAL FOLLOW-UP FOR SEXUAL ASSAULT VICTIMS
- COMMUNITY ACTION GROUPS TO IMPROVE WOMEN'S HEALTH IN GEORGIA
- W.O.R.T.H. provides free pregnancy tests, free HIV tests, free condoms and free chlamydia and gonorrhea tests: because prevention makes cents for Georgia.
See the temporary price list below.
W.O.R.T.H. in the NEWS
- Health advocates seek INDEPENDENCE for Georgia
- COMPILATION delivered to Governor Deal 8.2013 http://alturl.com/a7e8e
- W.O.R.T.H. old blog--we're trying! http://ringstaff.blogspot.com/
- Health Clinics Face funding problems, 1/3/13 http://alturl.com/ocnii
- Holiday donation plea 12/25/12 http://alturl.com/cqq2v
- W.O.R.T.H. clinic receives equipment donation, 10/30/12, http://alturl.com/xktc7; we document abnormal Pap rates 3 1/2 TIMES national average
- Women of W.O.R.T.H.
clinic: A "sense of desperation" for uninsured women in Georgia: http://alturl.com/r28gm
- Executive director: Clinic to keep $42,000 grant http://alturl.com/93vgv
- Baptist group rescinds grant to women’s clinic, 4/11/12, http://alturl.com/avb4c
- W.O.R.T.H. receives Four Donations!
- Kaiser news reprint of Andy Miller's article
- Georgia Health News, 11/28/11 W.O.R.T.H. a lifeline for many
- Free Pap Screening Day
- RN-T, 9/20/11, Women of WORTH clinic receives 3 grants
- RN-T, 7/23/11, Rome ReSale gives grant to W.O.R.T.H.
- HTH, 5/21/11 The Jr Service League joins with W.O.R.T.H.to provide free Pap smears for uninsured
- RN-T, 4/4/11, W.O.R.T.H offering free STD testing 4/9/11
- RN-T, 1/6/2011, It is Cervical Cancer Awareness month
- Rome NewsWire Independence Day for GA Women
- Rome News: Clinic Receives Donations
- Rome NewsWire "Clinic To Host Discussion On Reproductive Rights, Women’s Care"
- Rome News: Low-cost clinic seeks to help uninsured women
- Rome NewsWire: Non-Profit Women’s Health Clinic Offers Affordable, Understanding Service
- The overall quality of care in Georgia is rated as “Weak.”
- Write your letter to the Editor
- Read Marilyn's Blog
W.O.R.T.H. price list --see bottom of page
Why do we need this clinic in Rome?
See the file below entitled "The State of Georgia's Women."
READ "Why did we Open Women of W.O.R.T.H?"
- 5/2009: A Gallup survey showed that 1 in 7 women
have cut costs by postponing her annual gynecology checkup
and women are foregoing breast cancer exams and Pap smears.
- 11/2010, a report shows that nearly 1 in 4 US women put off a gyn or birth control visit to save money.
- 5/11/11. The Commonwealth Fund finds that in 2010, nearly half of women ages 19 to 64 skipped needed
care because of the cost, up from one-third in 2001.
- Why are the numbers always worse in Georgia?