The participating students are supposed to get insight
- into Ancient Roman history in a broader context than normally to be expected, e.g. the regional aspect
- into different national receptions of this history
- into a possible common European vision of this period and its impact on European citizen making
- to help students appreciate better other European cultures
- the participation of students with a problematic background or with handicaps in extra curricular activities
- for teachers: exchange of knowledge and educational best practices (teaching methods, materials etc.)
- to improve teamwork skills with a view to cooperate with hitherto unknown partners, to listen to and to respect other views.