Our Story
This is the story of Roger & Star. Here you will find information about our lives together including our wedding planning, our wedding, our honeymoon, and our life afterwards.

Wedding Webpage

Gadget and Gizmo

Our Home

Engagement Photos

Wedding Photos

Honeymoon Photos

Trashing Dress Photos

Planning Info

Vendor Reviews

Wedding Advice

Wedding Help

Stars Blog

Rogers Website


December 2006

February 2008


July 2006

Halloween 2007


February 2006


Halloween 2006



We met on an internet dating site about August 2005. I had pretty much given up on meeting anyone of any quality on the site until Roger wrote me a nice message. He had "winked" at me a few weeks before but I had heard nothing from him so I figured he had met someone else. He suddenly started writing me messages in September 2005 and he tricked me into our first date. He never asked me actually but just assumed that we were going to see "Corpse Bride" after I mentioned I wanted to see it on Thursday. I tried to blow him off once but after his persistence I went along with it. We saw the movie and afterwards went over to Bahama Breeze.

We sat at the bar and Roger made me blush which is pretty hard to do. Afterwards, I sent Roger an email saying I just wanted to "be friends" thinking I'd never see or hear from him again.  Boy, was I wrong. Roger truly become a good friend. He would take me to lunch at my new job, talk to me online, and just be there for me after I lost a good friend. It gave us an opportunity to truly be ourselves and get to know each other without any expectations. One day after an all day onsite work meeting where I had no phone or internet access, I found myself missing Roger. I went to dinner with friends on his side of town and I so wanted to talked to him. So I called him up and met up with him at his house. From that day, Roger was always my last call of the evening.

December 2005; January 2006



In 2006, I actually proposed to Roger on his favorite holiday, Halloween. I knew we both wanted to get married after Roger "threatened" to propose many times.  However, I wanted Roger to feel extremely special. After conspiring with a few friends, I created a little treasure hunt for him to find his prize -- me with a ring. I used these little messenger owls that I made out of construction paper and foam board. Each one held a note in its feet describing how great Roger is to me. There were four altogether each one leading to the next in a different room until finally Roger came outside to where I was waiting. I had the final note describing how I wanted to be his wife. Roger accepted of course and we sat outside on the patio for a few moments taking it all in. It was fabulous. Then on November 11, 2006, I received my ring. It is absolutely gorgeous!!

Roger's engagement ring; Star's engagement ring; the owls



After a fifteen month engagement period, we were married on February 23, 2008 at St. Mary Magdalen Parish in Altamonte Springs, FL.  The day was perfect and wonderful.  Before that in April of 2007, we bought our first home together in Avalon Park here in Orlando, Florida.  Roger graduated from UCF in December 2007 with his bachelors in Philosophy and a minor in Cognitive Science.  I will continue my education as I try to finish my bachelors in Healthcare Administration.  We have two cats named Gizmo and Gadget. 

December 2007


August 2006


On  August 22, 2008, we were headed to Sanford Airport to go to my high school reunion on 417.  It was 5:30 am.  Roger and I were just chatting and joking with each other as usual.  Coming onto to road from the left, I suddenly saw a SUV approaching our car.  It T-boned the driver's side of the car.  When the car stopped, I jumped out of the car and ran to Roger's side of the car.  He was not conscious. 

We were both rushed to the hospital as I had a deep laceration down to the bone on my left forearm.  Roger had sustained several injuries and was in very critical condition.  Roger stablized over the weekend but on Monday, August 25, he started to deteriorate. 

On Tuesday, I woke up very weepy.  I just could not stop crying.  Roger's scheduled surgery for the day was cancelled and no reason was given to me.  At the evening rounds, I was met by a chaplain, the doctor, and a nurse.  I knew things were not going to be good.  I was informed that Roger's condition was as good as it was going to get.  My dear precious husband would be confined to a bed, blind, weak on his right side, weak due to injury on his left side, unable to speak, unable to understand, eating through a feeding tube, and breathing on a ventilator.  This was not my superhero he claimed to be.  A decision had to be made.

On Wednesday, his sister and I decided Roger would not want to live this way.  We informed the family to come up as soon as possible.  We decided to

On Thursday, Roger was taken off the ventilator.  He passed peacefully.  And my superhero in training became a hero to three people and their families.  He did become Superman. 

Roger was a fabulous husband.  He made being married fun.  I miss him terribly.  I want to talk to him.  I want to lay next to him.  I want to come home to my wonderful husband.