Home‎ > ‎

About Us



Past and Present Ministries

River Oaks Christian Church is rich with Disciples tradition, genuine Christian service, and love. We have been blessed with over 55 years of ministry thus far! Love of God and neighbor continues to bind and strengthen this wonderful church.

Over the years, we have participated in many ministries. Some that we continue to take part in are NICA (Northside Inter-Community Agency); Union Gospel Mission; CROP Walk; ROCC Summer Vacation Bible School; Meals on Wheels; and more. We look forward to the future to which God is calling River Oaks Christian Church to love and serve!

River Oaks Christian Church was organized in the fall of 1955. The first service was held December 11, 1955 in the River Oaks Lions Club building. Thirty-three persons representing 15 families united to form the congregation.

On November 4, 1958 River Oaks Christian Church held a dedication service for the new sanctuary which continues to serve the congregation today. During the summer of 1963, the addition of a Fellowship Hall and paved parking lot was completed, and in 1993, the New Education Wing was dedicated.

In early 2012, the sanctuary was renovated, thanks to the hard work of the Property Committee and the faithful support of our members.

Our Mission Statement

To provide a place to worship and praise God, and to study and share God’s Word with all who come.  To provide Christian education, fellowship, caring, nurturing, sharing, serving, and witnessing to the Gospel.  To proclaim the Holy Trinity.  To teach Christian discipline and responsibilities of Church membership.  To provide for Church growth.  To continue existing outreach programs, and to add others as needed.


Subpages (3): 10:50 Worship Staff The (DOC)