"It was a pleasure working with you
and we would highly recommend your services."
Rob Jackson Consulting Ltd delivers expert support that is passionate about the potential of people.
If we had to sum it up in one short phrase, we are all about engaging and inspiring people to bring about change.
Because we have a passion for volunteerism, we want to help you get even better at engaging, leading and managing volunteers.
We will challenge, support, inspire and motivate you to think differently about volunteering in order to meet the challenges of the 21st century.
Photo: Sam McClenaghan
Our volunteerism consultancy and training services are aimed at helping you give people a great experience, make the most of the valuable time they give you and, above all, achieve your goals.
But we can also help you in other areas as well which is why we also offer consultancy support in areas like change management, customer service, leadership, fundraising, policy and strategy, to name just a few.
What we believe in (our values)
- Honesty – We tell it like it is. We’ll be up front and truthful with you from the start.
- Passion – We are passionate about our work and we bring that commitment and enthusiasm to all we do.
- Fun – What we do and what our clients do is serious business but we love to have fun doing it, not least because we think people learn and develop better if they are enjoying what they do.
- Integrity – We’re professionals and you can rely on us to keep our word.
- Value – We don’t shy away from the fact that we are a business and what we do costs money, but we are committed to delivering great value services for our fee.
- Effectiveness – We always seek to not only do things well – delivering great customer satisfaction – but to do the right things well.
Member of the Association of Volunteer Managers
Member of Grantham Business Club
Partnering with Better Impact
Rob Jackson Consulting Ltd
Registered in England and Wales, No. 7561086
Registered Office: 9 Commerce Road, Lynchwood, Peterborough PE2 6LR
Current & forthcoming pieces of work
- Working with Moira Furnace to develop their volunteer programme as part of a Heritage Lottery funded project.
- Regularly tutoring our online Introduction to Volunteer Management course in partnership with Xperts.
- Providing in-house training via Directory of Social Change for various organisations.
- Providing system training for Better Impact clients in the UK and Europe.
- Hosting a volunteering masterclass on 21st century volunteering for the British Red Cross Community Fundraising team on 9 March 2017.
- Running a learning session at the 2017 Strategic People Conference in London on 16 March 2017.
- Taking part in the NCVO 2017 annual conference, conducting 1-2-1 advice sessions, on 20 April 2017.
- Presenting on volunteer recruitment issues on 15 May 2017 at the 2017 Managing Volunteers in Charities conference.
- Running training for Salford CVS on 29 June 2017.
- Running three workshop sessions at the National Summit on Volunteer Engagement Leadership in Minnesota, USA, 26-28 July 2017.
- Delivering training for a range of clients across Australia and New Zealand in October and November 2017.
Previous clients and projects include
- Delivered training for the North East region of the Association of Voluntary Service Managers on 25th January 2017.
- Delivered the core content of an in-house staff workshop for the RSPB on 26th January 2017.
- Spoke on measuring volunteering at an NCVO breakfast event on 3 February 2017.
- Provided training for an open event hosted by Northumberland CVA on 12th January 2017.
- Delivered a keynote address and workshops at the 2016 AVSM national conference in Edinburgh, 2-3 November 2016.
- Ran in-house training for volunteer cadet leaders at London Fire Brigade on 22 & 23 October 2016.
- Ran a workshop for the Association of Volunteer Managers annual conference in London on 19 October 2016.
- Presented on best practice and hot topics in volunteer management for Chelmsford Council for Voluntary Service's new Volunteer Manager network on 13 October 2016.
- Ran a half-day session on How To Develop As A Volunteer Manager for Museum Development North West on 30th September 2016.
- Ran training for Salford Council for Voluntary Service on 29th September 2016.
- Keynote speaker at the Al!ve & Better Impact hybrid conference, "Once Upon A Time Begins With You: Reimagining the Future of Volunteer Engagement", in Florida, 12-14 September 2016
- Ran training in September 2016 for Volunteer Management Associations in North Carolina and Oregon, USA.
- Spoke in Huddersfield for Kirklees City of Service on 6 June 2016.
- Ran in-house training on strategic volunteer engagement for CHAS on 8 June.
- Ran a workshop on Understanding & Engaging 21st Century Volunteers for the AVSM SW regional network meeting near Swindon on 10 June
- Ran training on Influencing for Volunteer Managers on behalf of NCVO on 14 June.
- Ran a session for the London Heritage Volunteer Managers Network on "Measuring Volunteering", 21st June 2016.
- Ran a variety of sessions at The Directory of Social Change's Volunteer Fair in London on 22 June 2016.
- Ran in-house training for Volunteer Managers at the Motor Neurone Disease Association.
- Reviewed the volunteering programme of a medical research charity.
- Ran workshops across Australia in May 2016.
- Ran in-house strategic volunteer management training for the Blue Cross.
- Keynote speaker at the CEV Capacity Building Conference (The Volunteer Manager: Key For Excellency in Volunteer Management) on 7-8 April 2016 in Bucharest, Romania
- Spoke on 21st Century Volunteering at an event organised by Portsmouth Together on 15 March 2016.
- Spoke at the Creative Volunteering: Beyond Policy and Practice conference on 21 March 2016 at the Natural History Museum in London.
- Keynote speaker at London Fire Brigade Volunteer Awards on 21st March 2016.
- Ran in-house training workshops on a range of volunteerism topics for managers at the British Heart Foundation.
- Ran training workshops for Museum Development North West in January and February 2016.
- Spoke on staff / volunteer tensions at a Westminster Briefing conference on 26 January 2016.
- Spoke on Understanding & Engaging 21st Century Volunteers at a masterclass organised by Kirklees City of Service.
- Provided mentoring support to Volunteering Development staff at The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association.
- Ran a strategic thinking session on volunteering for a national refugee charity.
- Delivered training for Volunteer Centres across New Zealand and Australia in October 2015.
- Between 2011 and 2015, delivered the volunteering element of a programme the National Council for Voluntary Organisations for CTP, helping people transition out of the armed forces.
- Spoke on volunteer management systems at the August 2015 network day for the Association of Volunteer Managers.
- Spoke at events in London, Manchester, Scotland and Belfast in September 2015 to promote the launch of a new book, co-written with Susan J Ellis, "From The Top Down UK". See our latest news section for more details.
- Spoke on volunteering and learning at an event hosted by the Management School of York University on 22 September 2015.
- Spoke at the annual Directory of Social Change Volunteer Fair to be held on 10th July 2015.
- Gave the keynote address to the first conference of the SHARE volunteering network, in Newmarket on 2 July 2015.
- Delivered a day of training for the Minnesota Historical Society on 24 June 2015.
- Presented at the first ever hybrid conferences in Edmonton (Canada) and Portland & Chicago (USA) in June 2015.
- Delivered social media training for Charnwood Connect in Loughborough on 10th June 2015.
- Spoke at a Volunteering Expo organised by Lincoln VCS on 4th June 2015.
- Ran a session on the philosophy of volunteering in Dorchester on 22 May 2015.
- Ran a workshop on volunteer diversity and spoke as part of an expert panel session at the National Trust's Convestival at Calke Abbey on 12 & 13 May 2015.
- Spoke at an event for the Canal & River Trust in Birmingham on 21st March 2015.
- Spoke at the South Wales Volunteering Forum on 27th January 2015.
- Spoke on 21st century volunteering at the Essex Loneliness Forum on 28 November in Chelmsford.
- Delivered a series of workshops and training sessions across Australia during August and early September 2014. We'll be in Adelaide, Perth, Canberra, Melbourne and Tasmania working for ten different clients.
- Led a seminar for managers at Blue Cross looking at current and future trends in volunteer engagement.
- Delivered training for senior managers, trustees and staff at Hearing Link alongside consultancy to develop their volunteering strategy and culture. We'll be in Eastbourne (19th June) and Edinburgh (24th June 2014).
- Delivered a keynote address and workshop at the Shaping The Volunteering Landscape conference organised by WCVA in Cardiff on 1 July 2014.
- Attended the LGA conference in Bournemouth, 8-10th July 2014, with Better Impact.
- Delivered three workshops at the third Directory of Social Change Volunteer Fair in London on 20th June 2014.
- Facilitated an away-day for St John Ambulance as they develop their volunteering strategy.
- Keynote speaker and workshop presenter at the HVOS Volunteer Management Symposium in Edinburgh on 29 May 2014.
- Spoke on the latest trends in volunteer management at Volunteering 2020: Social Transformers on 2nd June in London.
- Ran training on developing volunteer roles for the RSA's regional fellowship team in London on 4th June.
- Principal trainer at the Washington Advanced Volunteer Engagement Summit in Seattle, Washington, USA.
- Delivered training for NOVAA in Portland, Oregon, USA .
- Delivered three workshops and a keynote address at the North Carolina Association of Volunteer Administration (USA) conference, 14-16th May 2014.
- Worked with Volunteer Development Scotland throughout 2013/14 on a range of projects.
- Provided consultancy support to the National Trust for their 2014 Big Family Day Out.
- Ran training for Active Surrey's Club Forum on 11th February 2014.
- Ran a workshop on volunteer recruitment at the Active Surrey Sports Conference on in December 2013
- Delivered a half day workshop for Volunteer Centre Lambeth on volunteer management and social media in December 2013.
- Ran a one day training course on recruiting and selecting volunteers for Cumbria CVS on 21st November 2013.
- Took part in a Virtual Open Day being organised by Franklin Hart on 7th November between 10am and 8pm (GMT).
- Ran a workshop on valuing volunteer managers at the 2013 AVM conference in London on 23rd October.
- Facilitated a lunchtime seminar on current issues in volunteering for the Paul Hamlyn Foundation.
- Ran workshops on trends, issues and challenges in leading and managing volunteers for in-house staff conferences at the British Red Cross and Guide Dogs for the Blind Association.
- Delivered a one-day in-house training on working with volunteers for the British Science Association.
- Spoke at and ran a workshop for the Basildon, Billericay and Wickford Council for Voluntary Service conference on 18 September 2013.
- Delivered a keynote address at a conference organised by Volunteer Centre Lambeth on 30th August 2013.
- Gave a keynote address to the Age England Association conference in London on 11th July 2013.
- Attended the National Conference on Volunteering and Service in Washington DC, USA, 18-21 June.
- Co-presented at the SAVE advanced volunteer leadership evening in Washington DC, USA, 21-13 June.
- Co-presented a workshop on volunteering for Community Development Halton, Ontario, Canada.
- Delivered workshops at the second Volunteer Fair at the Directory of Social Change.
- Presented on social media and volunteering to Endov, the EU network of Red Cross agencies, on 18th May 2013.
- Spoke on strategic volunteer engagement at the National Trust's Convestival event at Calke Abbey on 21st May 2013.
- Delivered a workshop on motivating volunteers at the May Fayre for Directory of Social Change on 22 May 2013.
- Delivered a series of volunteering masterclasses for Property and General Managers at The National Trust throughout England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Gave the keynote address to a forthcoming conference in Kent organised by The Big Society Co-operative.
- Facilitated workshops at the CEV General Assembly in Dublin between 18th and 19th April 2012.
- Delivered the closing keynote address and two workshops at the annual conference of the Minnesota Association For Volunteer Administration (MAVA) in May 2013.