Electromechanical Design Engineer . Design . Prototype . R&D . Production
Mfg, processing facilities & equipment, product/tooling, food service, hospitality, aerospace & MORE
- Manufacturing and production machine operator, apprentice to lead machinist doing setup, install/change fabrication tooling, operate line assembly equipment and routine machine maintenance. Bridgeport, various lathes, grinders, punch arbors and more.
Now, I design much of the same and much more:
- Product tooling, jigs & fixtures design for ass'y, welding, bonding, finishing
- Equipment packaging and automation incorporating mechanical parts & ass'ys, pneumatics, hydraulics and environment sensitive microelectronics.
- Processing Equipment (O&G, water, bulk foods) Structural Steel & FRP Skid Design
- SolidWorks and Inventor Piping - ASME, AISI IPS B16.5, B31.3, FRP, BPE SS & more
- Medical Equipment, Robotics, Transportation, Electronics Packaging
- Hospitality, Theater & Stage, Theme Park Props, Rides, Attractions
- Facilities Design and Space Planning; Equipment, MEP/HVAC, Lighting, ADA
- Design & Detailing (complete) Drawing Packages
- Hands-On Production, Fab & Assembly Experience
- Project Management from Concept To Delivery
CAE, CAD, CNC and CGI
- AutoCAD (since r9), Revit, Inventor, SolidWorks ((2015))
- Photoshop, Illustrator, Corel
- 3ds and After Effects ((CS6+))
- Audio Editing and COMPLETE MULTIMEDIA PRESENTATIONS
- 3D CADD & CGI for Manufacturing, Aerospace or Hollywood CGI and Sfx
- Parametric Modeling, Polygon Modeling, Production DWG's
- Single Parts and Assemblies, Environments, Systems, Facilities
- General arrangement layouts and detailing. Design/create and modify steel and FRP skids, equipment arrays, pumps/couplings, risers, processing equipment, instruments, tanks, pressure vessels, platforms, supports.
- Create equipment production drawings / packages (details, BOM, etc) for production
- Create content center table driven parts, pipe and fittings (Inventor and SolidWorks)
- Work with engineering team, sales, vendors, production, purchasing and PM closely for keeping info and cross checking all equip p/n against P&ID PRIOR to any work done.
Structural Steel Weldments and Plastic
Aluminum, Copper/Brass/Bronze, Exotic Metals, Organic Materials, Rebar, ASME, Steel, FRP, CPVC, Stainless, BPE, Plexiglas, Delrin, PVC, Kydex and composites.
Structural shapes, hss, sq, rnd, rect. tube, rod, plate, extrusions, sheet, plate, W, channel, angle, etc ~
- Machinery and Equipment Skids
- Heavy Industrial Applications
- Theme Park & Attractions
- Safety Railings & Grating
- Sheet Metal Packaging
- Architectural Structural
- Vehicle Frame/Body
- Stage Sets & Prop
- Assembly Rigs
- Scale Models
- Wrought Iron
- Store Front
- Ground vehicles, commercial, utility, military
- Rotary and fixed wing (jet/prop) aircraft
- Design electronics packaging for communications equipment, cabling and connectors.
- Design high level tooling and welding fixtures.
- Create artwork for IPC manuals; all systems.
- Design/document vehicle mounted object radar and solar tracking systems. Frame.suspension, lift booms, hydraulics, engine PTO & PV power and electronics and equipment including PCB, harness/wiring design and ass'y fixture design.
- Sheet metal, base/stock metal, BPE, AISI, (some) composites tube and extrusion, exotic cast and machined parts.
- Custom design and off the shelf equipment; Grainger, McMaster/fasteners, etc.
- Production fabrication, assembly, finish, crate design/build, installs and maintenance.
- Experience (some) with injection and thermal mold and progressive tool and die.
- Machine shop setup/run conventional equipment. Occasionally produce a quality part.
- Design general arrangements structural, skids, equipment, instruments and piping
- Seawater reverse osmosis and chlorinization (AISI/ASME)
- O&G, LNG and chemical (B31)
- Cosmetics, foods (BPE)
- Materials (pellet plastics)
- Projects include FPSO, oil rigs and onshore facilities
- Chevron, Mobil, Ichthys LNG Project, Kimberly Clark, Neutrogena and Purina
- SolidWorks and Inventor Equipment and Piping
- Tooling jigs and fixtures for manual, tool assist and CNC wafer fabrication, aircraft sections assembly, welding, finishing. Robotics applications engineering includes welding and pick/place cells; calculate base, grippers and movement.
- Design electronics enclosures and equipment for medical, food service, military hazardous environment sensitive electronics (and more) incorporating PCB, instruments, controls, thermal management and off the shelf related hardware.
- Wiring harness design, 12v, 277v.
- Use prefab E- boxes and create sheet metal boxes from scratch.
- Mindful for end users and ease of operation and maintenance.
- Ground, pole and roof panel systems
- Concentrating mirror and collector systems