Work in progress
- Mergers and Cost Efficiency in the Electricity Distribution Industry, with Mario Samano.
- Bid rigging in procurement auctions: Evidence from an anti-collusion investigation in Quebec, with Decio Coviello, Jean-François Gauthier and Art Shneyerov
- The Geographic Flow of Bank Funding: Branch Networks and Local-Market Competition, with Victor Aguirregabiria and Hui Wang
- Macroprudential housing policies and borrowing constraints, with Jason Allen and Jean-Francois Houde
- Search frictions and market power in negotiated price markets, with Jason Allen and Jean-Francois Houde, R&R Journal of Political Economy.
- Diversification of Geographic Risk in Retail Bank Networks: Evidence from Bank Expansion after the Riegle-Neal Act, with Victor Aguirregabiria and Hui Wang, RAND Journal of Economics, 47, 529-572.
- The Effects of Publicity on Demand: The case of anti-cholesterol drugs, 2016, with Andrew Ching, Ig Horstmann, and Hyunwoo Lim, Marketing Science, 35, 158-181.
- Price controls and market structure: Evidence from gasoline retail markets, 2015, with Juan Esteban Carranza and Jean-Francois Houde, Journal of Industrial Economics, 63, 152-198.
- The effect of mergers in search markets: Evidence from the Canadian mortgage industry, 2014, with Jason Allen and Jean-Francois Houde, American Economic Review, 104, 3365-3396.
- Booms, Busts, and Price Dispersion, 2014, with Nicolas Vincent, Economics Letters, 124, 399-401.
- Price dispersion in mortgage markets, 2014, with Jason Allen and Jean-Francois Houde, Journal of Industrial Economics, 62, 377-416.
- The impact of explicit communication on pricing: Evidence from the collapse of a gasoline cartel, 2014, with Jean-Francois Houde, Journal of Industrial Economics, 62, 191-228.
- A model of advertising format competition: On the use of celebrities in Ads, 2013, with Ig Horstmann, Canadian Journal of Economics, 46: 1606-1630.
- Collusion with asymmetric retailers: Evidence from a gasoline price-fixing case, 2013, with Jean-Francois Houde, American Economic Journal: Micro, 5: 97-123.
- Capacity-contingent pricing and competition in the airline industry, 2012, with Nicolas Vincent, Journal of Air Transport Management, 24: 7-11.
- Virtual borders: Online nominal rigidities and international market segmentation, 2012, with Jean Boivin and Nicolas Vincent, Journal of International Economics, 86(2): 327–335.
- Stategic buying to prevent seller exit, 2011, with Mattias Polborn, Journal of Economics and Management Strategy, 20(2): 339-378.
- Information provision in financial markets, 2010, with Moez Bennouri and Jacques Robert, Annals of Finance, 6(2): 255-286.
- The effect of advertising on Brand Awareness and Perceived Quality: An empirical investigation using panel data, 2009, with Ulrich Doraszelski and Michaela Draganska, Quantitative Marketing and Economics, 7(2): 207-236.
- Advertising restrictions and competition in the chilrden's breakfast cereal industry, 2007, Journal of Law and Economics, 50(4): 757-780. (National Post article)
- The potential for electricity market restructuring in Quebec, 2007, with Andrew Leach, Canadian Public Policy, 33(1) 1-20.
- Coordination and status influence, 2006, with Samuel Clark and Mattias Polborn, Rationality and Society, 18(3): 367-391.
- Information and crowding externalities, 2006, with Mattias Polborn, Economic Theory, 27(3): 565-581.
- Advertising and coordination in markets with consumption scale effect, 2005, with Ig Horstmann, Journal of Economics and Management Strategy, 14(2): 377-401.
Summer Conference 2012: program
Summer Conference 2013: program
Summer Conference 2014: program
Summer Conference 2015: program
Summer Conference 2016: program
Conference on Financial Intermediation and Regulation: description