- Circulation Desk Scanner and Receipt Printer
- Fax Machine
- A computer is a machine that manipulates data according to a list of instructions.The ability to store and execute lists of instructions called programs makes computers extremely versatile and distinguishes them from calculators. Information found at: wikipedia.org-Computer. To find the computers at the Roanoke Public Library watch: Computer Video.
- Wi-Fi can make access publicly available at Wi-Fi hotspots provided either free of charge or to subscribers to various providers. Organizations and businesses such as airports, hotels and restaurants often provide free hotspots to attract or assist clients. Enthusiasts or authorities who wish to provide services or even to promote business in a given area sometimes provide free Wi-Fi access. Information found at: wikipedia.org-Wi-Fi. To find the Wi-Fi at the Roanoke Public Library watch: Wi-Fi Video.
- Printer-Color or Black and White
- A computer printer, or more commonly a printer, is a computer peripheral which produces a hard copy(permanent human-readable text and/or graphics) of documents stored in electronic form, usually on physical print media such as paper or transparencies. Some printers, commonly known as network printers, have built-in network interfaces (typically wireless or Ethernet), and can serve as a hardcopy device for any user on the network. Information found at: wikipedia.org-printer. To find the black and white or color printer at the Roanoke Public Library watch: Printer Video.
- In computing, a scanner is a device that optically scans images, printed text, handwriting, or an object, and converts it to a digital image. Common examples found in offices are variations of the desktop (or flatbed) scanner where the document is placed on a glass window for scanning.The scanner at the Roanoke Public Library is attached to a computer. Information found at: wikipedia.org-scanner. To find the scanner at the Roanoke Public Library watch: Scanner Video.
- Circulation Desk Scanner with Receipt printer
- Hand-held scanners, where the device is moved by hand, were briefly popular but are now less common due to the difficulty of obtaining a high-quality image. Information found at: wikipedia-scanner. To find the circulation area at the Roanoke Public Library watch: Circulation Desk Video.
- A photocopier (or copier) is a machine that makes paper copies of ocuments and other visual images quickly and cheaply. Information found at: wikipedia.org-copier. To find the copier at the Roanoke Public Library watch: Copier Video.
- Fax Machine
- Fax (short for facsimile)is a telecommunications technology used to transfer copies (facsimiles) of documents, especially using affordable devices operating over the telephone network. Information found at: wikipedia.org-fax. The fax machine is operated by library staff only so go to the circulation desk for assistance.
Created by Celia Bandelier on July 11, 2008.