COMPLAINTS AND APPEALS
Complaints and Appeals
RNC Training views complaints as an opportunity to learn and improve for the future, as well as a chance to put things right for the person or organisation that has made the complaint.
Our policy is:
• To provide a fair complaints procedure which is clear and easy to use for anyone wishing to make a complaint
• To publicise the existence of our complaints procedure so that people know how to contact us to make a complaint
• To make sure everyone at knows what to do if RNC Training receives a complaint
• To make sure all complaints are investigated fairly and in a timely way
• To make sure that complaints are, wherever possible, resolved and that relationships are repaired
• To gather information which helps us to improve what we do
Definition of a Complaint
A complaint is any expression of dissatisfaction, whether justified or not, about any aspect of RNC Training.
All complaint information will be handled sensitively, telling only those who need to know and following any relevant data protection requirements.
Overall responsibility for this policy and its implementation lies with the director of RNC Training.
• Email your complaint, including as much detail and information as possible.
• Once the email has been received, we will send acknowledgement via email within 2 working days.
• We will review the complaint and may ask for further details.
• An investigation will be carried out once the information has been reviewed within 10 working days. You will be updated on the progress of the investigation.
• When the investigation has been completed, you will receive a formal response of whether the complaint has been upheld or not and provide reasons for the decisions made. We record all complaints received and review the details to establish if changes or improvements could be made to our services to prevent similar situations occurring.
All complaints are aimed to be dealt with as quickly as possible. We will:
• Acknowledge complaints within 2 working days of receipt
• Carry out an investigation and issue: o a formal response within 10 working days or an update within 10 working days, stating when we will send a formal response.
An appeal is a procedure which allows you in certain circumstances to ask for a review of a decision relating to your academic progress or award.
Appeals can be made about an assessment or any other decision made by RNC Training:
• Results of assessments
• Decisions for reasonable adjustments or special considerations
• Administration errors
• Decisions relating to any action following a malpractice/maladministration investigation
If a Learner is not satisfied with the outcome of the Centre appeals process, they can appeal to RNC Training:
- Submit all relevant information for the appeal, reasons and supporting evidence. This has to be done within 14 days after the assessment decision has been made.
- An investigation will be carried out within 21 days.
- Inform the appellant whether the appeal has been upheld or not and detailing the reasons for the decision.
Only people who have appropriate competence will make appeal decisions.
This policy is reviewed regularly and updated as required.
Publicised Contact Details for Complaints:
Written complaints may be sent to RNC Training at RNCTraining@gmail.com
Tel: 07952 729 996