Pool Emergency Responder
Be 16 years of age or older.
Total Qualification Time: 16 Hours
Who is it for?
The Pool Emergency Responder qualification is designed to train candidates in pool rescue, CPR techniques and first aid competencies in order to deal with poolside emergences in accordance with the National Occupational Standards and the HSE publication Managing Health and Safety in Swimming Pools and British Standard BS EN 15288 Part 2, Safety Requirements for Operations.
Employers may use our Pool Emergency Responder qualification to meet their Health and Safety responsibilities.
Course content includes:
The learner will:
- Understand health and safety legislation for the swimming pool environment
- Understand Pool Safety Operating Procedures
- Understand hazards, risks and control measures in a swimming pool environment
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the Pool Emergency Responder
- Be able to perform a rescue using suitable rescue equipment
- Be able to perform a pool rescue
- Be able to rescue an unconscious casualty from the pool floor
- Be able to rescue a casualty suffering from a suspected spinal cord injury
- Be able to assess an incident
- Be able to manage an unconscious casualty who is breathing normally
- Know how to and be able to assist a casualty who is choking
- Be able to manage a casualty with external bleeding and in shock
- Be able to manage a casualty with a minor injury
- Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with suspected head and spinal injuries
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected major illness
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with breathing related problems
- Complete three worksheets with a pass mark of 100%
- Demonstrate the ability to carry out rescue activities in a safe, effective and prompt manner
- Demonstrate cardiopulmonary resuscitation and first aid skills
This qualification is valid for 2 years.
PRICE: per group at your venue for up to 12 persons, from £950.00
To discuss any of the courses offered please call now on
07952 729 996 or email me at RNCtraining@gmail.com