AED with Life Support
Candidates must be physically able to carry out the procedures detailed in the course outline and must attend all sessions to be eligible for assessment.
Who is it for?
This course is for candidates who wish to be trained in the use of an AED machine. This course includes Basic Life Support Training and use of the AED machine.
This can be either a Highfield Qualifications or STA approved and certified course.
Course content includes:
- Assess an incident
- Demonstrate how to open an airway and check for breathing
- Demonstrate how to deal with an Unconscious Casualty
- Explain how to recognise a casualty who is not breathing normally
- Demonstrate how to perform CPR on a non breathing casualty
- Explain how the heart & defibrillation works
- Describe how to check and maintain an AED machine
- List the checks to be made before using an AED
- Demonstrate the use of an AED
- Demonstrate the use of an AED with CPR when on own
- Demonstrate the use of an AED with CPR in pairs
Course will be internally assessed by the course tutor.
AED with Life Support certificate, valid for 1 year.