Rocky Mountain SAMPE is a local chapter of The Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering (SAMPE) and is located in and near the Colorado Rocky Mountains. About 2/3 of our membership is based in Colorado with most of the other 1/3 spread throughout Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wyoming. There are 3 Student Chapters within our Rocky Mountain SAMPE chapter: Colorado State Universtiy (Fort Collins), Denver Universtiy (Denver), and South Dakota School of Mines & Technology (Rapid City).
The Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering (SAMPE®) is a global professional member society, provides information on new materials and processing technology either via conferences, exhibitions, technical forums, publications, or books in which professionals in this field can exchange ideas and air their views. As the only technical society encompassing all fields of endeavor in materials and processes, SAMPE provides a unique and valuable forum for scientists, engineers, and academicians.
SAMPE is pivotal to every new material innovation and process solution.
Our Core Values
- Knowledge transfer
- Creativity and innovation
- Professional engagement and inclusion
- Absolute integrity
- SAMPE is at the center of an respected authority for materials and processing technologies. It is known for its relevant professional development that supports innovations leading to industry solutions.
- SAMPE services professional from a variety of disciplines and industries encompassing all fields of M&P. This includes industry, government and academia consisting of engineers, scientists, designers, technicians, business professionals and students.
- SAMPE provides networking opportunities for professionals to learn from each other, cross-pollinate ideas and create new innovations in materials and processing.
SAMPE's strength is in its chapters. We have professional and student member chapters worldwide.
SAMPE is governed by an Executive Cabinet of volunteers elected from its members. A Board of Directors representing the professional chapters oversees the Cabinet. Day-to-day operations of the Society are run by a paid professional staff located at the International Business Office in Covina, California.
The professional chapters are governed similarly by volunteers elected by the local membership.
The professional chapters sponsor student chapters, guiding these young people in their professional development and supplying information on this area of technology.
Promoting market diversification, SAMPE disseminates information about the commercial and industrial applications of material and processing engineering. These include land transportation, construction, marine, biomedical and medical, sports and recreation and industrial applications. It is SAMPE's opinion that the well being and career development of its members as well as the industry by which they are employed requires that technology transfer be successful.