At RLM you CAN recycle:
- Bubble wrap and packing peanuts - CLEAN
- Cell phones
- Ink cartridges
- Empty Plastic containers - Ideally, NO caps (see What do the recycling numbers mean?)
- Metal cans
- Paper and cardboard - Anything that tears, but CLEAN and NEVER USED FOR DRINKS OR FOOD PURPOSE. Staples and envelope windows are fine!
- Fluorescent light bulbs - NO broken bulbs
- Rechargeables batteries - Tape the ends of the batteries or they can spark!
- Alkaline batteries - Tape the ends of the batteries or they can spark!
We CAN'T recycle:
- Styrofoam and Foam - Take it to HDi Plastics
- Aluminum foil
- Coffee cups or any paper that got in touch with food or drinks or was used for hygiene purpose
- Glass -Take it to Ecology Action
- Containers used for chemicals - For proper disposal contact EHS
- Biodegradable plastics, like cups made of corn, are NOT recyclable. (see What do the recycling numbers mean?)
For more information, please see the Facilities website: