CONTACT US: HoHoLEGO@gmail.com
The Ranchlands Community Association would like to invite EVERYONE in the GREATER CALGARY AREA (this means YOU) to their first ever Ho Ho LEGO Event! Build a LEGO creation and bring it to the Community Center to show it off. Wear your Tacky/Ugly Christmas Sweater and other Christmas gear. This is a fund-raiser: 100% of the proceeds from food sales and donations received at this event will be donated to the Ranchlands Christmas Adopt-A-Family.
Don't have time to pre-register? Bring your LEGO Creations, registration form and $5 fee to the Ranchlands Community Center before 10:20am on Dec 14nd.
No Registration for the Tacky Christmas Sweater portion of the event. Please bring a donation for the food bank.
.... "should you choose to accept it"......... is to spread the word about our new event. Shout it from the roof tops. Put up Posters. Send emails to your friends. Get the details out on social media sites. LIKE us on FaceBook. The more people who know >> leads to more new friends to meet, and a larger, more entertaining event (and larger prizes). Please, be our "word-of-mouth" advertiser. Thank you, in advance.
Bring your amazing LEGO creation to compete for prizes. What do we want to see? We want you to use your imagination with a sprinkle of Christmas. Need ideas?
· Christmas Trains
· Where's Christmas? Already built something amazing? Hide something Christmas-y somewhere on your display for us to find. (A twist on "Where's Waldo?")
· Christmas Trees/Forest
· Christmas Villages
You are allowed to use a few extras to jazz up your display
· Lights, Garland or boughs or other greenery
· Ornaments (maybe a round ornament could be the depth charge in a LEGO Star Wars entry)
· Must have a Christmas or Winter theme or a "Where's Christmas" challenge
· LEGO only (allowed to use some garland, fake snow, ornaments, lights)
· Any size LEGO
· Must be an original idea, create with your imagination - no boxed sets please
· Must bring a smile & your Christmas Spirit
· Any age
(You do NOT need to register if you are just coming to view the displays)
(Registrations will be accepted until the start of the event, room permitting)
- Don't have time to pre-register? Bring your LEGO Creations, registration form and $5 fee to the Ranchlands Community Center before 10:20am on Saturday, Dec 14th.
o Fee is payable as cash or cheque made out to 'Ranchlands Community Association'.
o If you are dropping off the form and fee please, make sure to place the registration form with the fee in the secure mail slot just inside and to the right of the main doors. Do NOT put your information & payment into the external slot, it is not secure, we will not receive it and you will not be registered.
- Prefer to register from the comfort of the internet? Paypal, send $5.00 to HoHoLego@gmail.com. Don't forget to email your registration information.
(You do NOT need to help with set-up and tear down)
SetUp Tables: Friday, December 21st 9:30 pm - 10:30 pm
Drop Off Your LEGO Display(s): Saturday, December 14th 9am-10:30am
PUBLIC VIEWING OF CHRISTMAS LEGO DISPLAYS: 11am - 1:30pm
Pick Up LEGO Display(s): Saturday, December 14th 1:30pm - 2:30pm
CleanUp Tables: Saturday, December 14th 2:30pm - 3:00 pm
We will not be selling any LEGO but we will be spreading Christmas Spirit.
Ribbons will be awarded as prizes. Since it is a special time of year we may have a special visitor.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US: HoHoLEGO@gmail.com
Wishing everyone a very LEGO Christmas!!!!!