Check out all of RIMTA's PD offerings for 2016-2017
REGISTER TODAY ONLINE for the RIMTA fall meeting!
RIMTA Fall Meeting 2016: Handouts and Presentations
Check out the RIMTA Fall Newsletter!! It's chock full of info and resources! Thanks to Lynn Prentiss and Steve Levesque for a great job editing it!
**NEW**: RIMTA is providing a Math Education Job Opportunity resource. District personnel can post information about potential openings in math education in the RIMTA/Southern New England area and certified math teachers can view the job opportunities.
SAVE THE DATES for:
- ATMNE 2016: Vote with Math! Developing Informed Citizens through Mathematics! October 20-21, Manchester, NH get information at www.atmne2016.org
- RIMTA Fall Meeting: October 26, 4:00 - 8:00 p.m. at New England Institute of Technology, EG, Posing Purposeful Questions, Supporting Productive Struggle and Building Procedural Fluency from Conceptual Understanding through Fractions, Ration/Proportional Reasoning and Functions; Members $15, Non-members $20; light dinner included.
- RIMTA Trivia Night: Monday, November 7 (Tues. is Election Day so no school for most), at 6:30 p.m. at Doherty's Ale House in Warwick (NOTE DATE CHANGE)
- RIMTA Winter Workshops: January 26, 4:00 - 8:00 p.m. at Mount St. Charles Academy, Woonsocket, Using Technology to Enhance Teaching and Learning; Members $15, Non-Members $20
- RIMTA Spring Meeting: May 11, 4:00 - 8:00 p.m. Radisson Hotel PVD Airport, Warwick, Dinner with Diane Briars, Immediate Past-President of NCTM; Members $45, Non-Members $55
- Elementary Math Leaders Group Tentative Meetings:
- OCTOBER 4 (NOTE DATE CHANGE) 9:00-3:00 Using PARCC and other Data and How Do You Prepare for PARCC in K-2 and Revisiting Visual Models
- December 2 9:00 - 3:00 RtI and Materials Breakouts (i-Ready Diagnostic, Eureka Math, Addvantage Math/Other Interventions)
- An evening offering and Winter and Spring sessions still to be scheduled
FYI - McGraw-Hill is hosting a Math Leadership Conference on Thursday, November 10 in Warwick, RI. Keynote speakers include Linda Gojak, former NCTM President. This workshop is product-neutral. It will focus 100% on best math practices. Space is limited. Contact email@example.com for information. Check out this flier!
We have lots of great professional reading for you for the summer! Check out (click to link):
Be sure to "like" Rhode Island Mathematics Teacher Association on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @RIMTAMath!
Some people were interested in the Random Name Generator used for the raffle. It is a free site at http://primaryschoolict.com/random-name-selector/#