Some Lung Cancer Facts
- Lung cancer is the leading cancer killer
- Lung cancer kills more people each year than breast, prostate and colon cancer combined
- Lung cancer is one of the least funded of all cancer’s
- The median for lung cancer is 8 – 12 months
- Only 15% of people live more than 5 years
- Australia is the least sympathetic country when it comes to lung cancer (most Australians think you must of smoked so it is your own fault)
- Most people don’t know they have lung cancer until it’s too late and considered incurable.
- 20% of people with lung cancer have either never smoked or given up decades ago (Australian stat….US have reported it as 60%)
- People with stage IV LC are only given a 1% chance of living for 5 years
- Lungs don’t have nerves so the cancer itself doesn’t cause pain
- Most cancer’s survival rates has have improved incredibly over the last 40 years where as lung cancer has remained the same
- There is no standard early detection screening test for lung cancer
- This year 8000 Aussies will die of LUNG CANCER. 1600 of them will be non-smokers.