Richard W. Evans, Ph.D.
Fields of Specialization:
Ph.D., Econ, University of Texas at Austin, 2008
M.S., Econ, University of Texas at Austin, 2005
M.A., Pub Pol, Brigham Young University, 2003
B.A., Econ, Brigham Young University, 1998
• "What are the Effects of Utah Income Tax Rate Cuts?" Research in Focus, Center for Growth and Opportunity at Utah State University (Feb. 2023).
• "What Business Tax Reforms Would Be Best for Tennessee?" with Jason DeBacker, Research in Focus, Center for Growth and Opportunity at Utah State University (Jan. 13, 2023).
• "Taxing Income or Consumption: Macroeconomic and Distributional Effects for Italy," joint with Diego d'Andria, Jason DeBacker, Jonathan Pycroft, and Magdalena Zachlod-Jelec, JRC Working Papers on Taxation and Structural Reforms, No. 13/2021, European Commission, Joint Research Centre (Nov 2021).
• "The Effect of Transition to Low-carbon Energy on Texas Tax Revenues: 2021-2050," joint with Jorge Barro and John W. Diamond, Report, Center for Public Finance, Rice University's Baker Institute for Public Policy (Nov. 9, 2021).
• "Macroeconomic Analysis of Former Vice President Biden's Tax Proposals," joint with Benjamin R. Page, Jeffrey Rohaly, Thornton Matheson, Gordon B. Mermin, and Jason DeBacker, Brief, Tax Policy Center at the Urban Institute and Brookings Institution (July 21, 2021).
Works in Progress:
• Overlapping Generations Models for Policy Analysis: Theory and Computation, joint with Jason DeBacker, unpublished textbook (April 2022).
• "U.S. Debt, Deficits, and Stabilization Strategies," (February 2022).
• "Downward Risk in Labor Income: Age, Gender, Education, Crime, and Inequality," joint with Fulin Guo (April 2019).
• "Do People Prefer Tax Policies that Benefit Themselves," joint with Keertana Chidambaram (April 2019).
• "Precautionary Labor Supply," joint with Jason DeBacker and Zunda Xu (April 2019).
• "Synthetic Data and Privacy: Convolved Nonparametric Joint Distributions," joint with Daniel Silva-Inclan (April 2019).
Other Links and News:
• Rick started a new position as Senior Research Fellow and Director of Open Policy at the Center for Growth and Opportunity at Utah State University (May 1, 2022). This job is associated with funding for a two-year project to build a 50-state microsimulation model of tax and benefit policy.
• Rick presented "OG-USA and OG-Core Demo and Tutorial", at the Policy Simulation Library DC Workshop: Open Source Tools for Analyzing Tax Policy, Washington, DC on March 25, 2022.
• Rick gave e a talk, "Open-source Collaboration, Research, and Policy Analysis," at the Center for Growth and Opportunity at Utah State University on Nov. 19, 2021.
• Rick's GitHub page
• Rick's Project Euler friend key: 1055910_HgwI83R0RpFlvXAlU2yVGLJZjFaB0MvQ