TaglineFree-thinking, tech Swiss army knife, can solve hard problems
Me at my fav place
- Helping the world via technology:
- Machine Learning, knowledge graphs & browsing
- Landscape photography and writing photo-editing software
- Electric guitar and vintage tube guitar amplifiers
- Skills: Software Engineer, Product Manager/Visionary, UX
- You might want to glance at the page summarizing the cool tech I developed at my former startup, Autogeny about 10 years ago
- By invitation and for the 2nd time, I will again be a Community TA for the Stanford online Machine Learning course beginning Sept. 22, 2014 (Coursera).
- Kaggle.com Higgs Boson Challenge
- The purpose of this challenge was to identify a particular Higgs Boson decay event from background noise data.
- Below is a histogram of the predicted Real output numbers from an early Random Forest classifier. The best threshold on these Real outputs was found by applying the quantile() R function on the Train set labels.
- A few more details are here.
- Project Euler Solutions (coding examples):
- I just added a new page w/solutions to a few selected Project Euler problems. PLEASE do not use this code on ProjectEuler.net !
- Weight Lifting Exercises Dataset (Summary Page)
- I recently built a Random Forest classifier in R which classifies a human's exercise activity from 52 accelerometer and tilt/gryo sensor measurements. The training set had about 19,000 labeled samples.
- CodeEval Challenge: A quick C hack got me a 99.841% ranking on a CodeEval.com programming challenge:-) PLEASE do not use my code on CodeEval.com !
- Recent online ML/Data Science courses:
- Completed 3 online courses from the Johns Hopkins Data Science specialization series on Data Science:
- Certificates of completion and course topic summaries can be viewed here
- I just learned about and joined CodeEval.com, looking forward to finding time to solve some of the interesting challenges on this site!
- I just progressed to Level 2 on ProjectEuler.net (top 7.26%) by completing 50+ problems. Update: I added a new page w/ selected solutions/code. Screenshot showing advancement to Level 2:
Slide decks (Click left link to go to Slide Decks page)
- Concluded role as online Stanford Machine Learning course Community TA! (part-time) - last day of course: May 26, 2014
|Additional online courses I've completed
Links of Interest
Find us on Google+
Disclaimer: Any comments, ideas, IP, or opinions I make on the Web are entirely my own, and are completely distinct from, do not reflect upon, or represent in any way, my employers, past, present, and future.
Selected Site Highlights...