Richard E. Watts, Ph.D., LPC-S
Texas State University System Regents' Professor
SHSU Distinguished Professor of Counseling
Immediate Past-President, North American Society for Adlerian Psychology (NASAP) Phone: 936/294-4658
Sam Houston State University Fax: 936/294-4277
SHSU, Box 2119 Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgHuntsville, TX 77341-2119 Twitter: @Richard_E_Watts
I am a Texas State University System Regents' Professor, University Distinguished Professor at Sam Houston State University, and Director of the Ph.D. Program in Counselor Education at SHSU.
My interests include Adlerian, cognitive, constructivist, and humanistic-existential theories and applications to counseling with individuals, couples, and groups; supervision; education; and leadership.
I am also interested in ethical, religious & spiritual issues related to various aspects of counseling.
Please click on the sitemap link in the upper left column of this website or click on the subpages and files below for:
1. Information about SHSU's Ph.D. Program in Counselor Education
2. Information about the North American Society for Adlerian Psychology (NASAP)
3. Mistaken Belief Songs: Audio recordings and lyrics of songs I wrote demonstrating mistaken beliefs, cognitive distortions, and irrational beliefs.
4. My Curriculum Vita (includes my publications, workshops and presentations, and awards and recognitions)
5. Information about Reflecting 'As If': Theory and Practice. This zip file contains several articles and a PowerPoint addressing Reflecting 'As If', the encouragement-focused, brief counseling process that integrates Adlerian and constructivist/social constructionist principles and procedures. (You will need to click on the arrow on the right to open the zip file). The following links will take you to a PodCast I did on RAI for the American Counseling Association (ACA) and a recent article on RAI published in ACA's Counseling Today (April, 2013).
Also see my page on ResearchGate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Richard_Watts8