Guohui Wang is an engineer at Facebook working on network systems and software defined networking.
pronounce as [GWə-hway Wong]
Facebook, Network Systems
1601 Willow Rd,
Menlo Park, CA
Email: "ricewgh AT gmail"
Before joining Facebook, Guohui was a research staff member in IBM T. J. Watson Research Center, where he worked in the systems networking department.
His research interest lies in networked system design and performance analysis. His recent research has been focused on new network architectures, network virtualization and management in data centers with an emphasis on software defined networking. Guohui got his Ph.D. from Rice University in 2011, where his advisor was Prof. T. S. Eugene Ng. Recent Publications: (Full List, Google Scholar)
Ongoing Research Projects:
- SDN at Facebook: Open Computer Networking;
- Virtual network diagnosis as a service;
- Meridian: An SDN platform for cloud network services;
- Workload optimized networking for big data applications;
- CloudConnect: Hybrid electrical/optical data center network;
- Networking performance in virtualized data centers;
- Editorial board: Guest editor of IEEE MMTC e-Letter
- Technical Program Committee:
- IEEE 19th International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems (ICPADS'13)
- IEEE 18th International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems (ICPADS'12)
- Conferences: MASCOTS'12, HotCloud'12, ICDCS'12, INFOCOM'12, CoNEXT'11, CoNEXT'10, WREN'10, ANCS'09, etc.
- Journals: IEEE Transaction on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS), IEEE Transaction on Networking (ToN), Elsevier Computer Networks, ACM Transaction on Computer Systems (ToCS), Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, Journal of Cluster Computing, IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, IEEE Communication Magazine, Telecommunication Systems Journal
- Membership: IEEE member, ACM SIGCOMM member