production & distribution company in Culver City needs a
Production/Financial Accountant to operate in an environment
that demands rapid change, and where the jobholder’s specific responsibilities
and activities will vary and develop overtime. The accountant will
provide support to multiple verticals (Lifestyle, Gaming, Branded, etc)
producing a wide variety of webisode formats (reality, daily talk, scripted,
etc.), serving as Production Accountant for any in-house productions as well as
being an integral member of the Corporate Accounting department. This role
requires someone with experience in production and associated cost reporting
and accounting. Reports to Assistant Controller.
FULL-TIME PERMANENT POSITION
• Work closely with
producers and coordinators to prepare budgets for productions.
production payroll (CAPS payroll)
•Cost tracking, coding, and processing invoices and payments by
•Process all billbacks of
corporate costs to productions
• Monitor production
budgets, analyze costs and expenditures, analyze weekly cost reports and
forecasts Estimated Final Costs.
• Review and
reconcile all production related cost accounts.
•Process all Petty
Cash (production & corporate)
•Process all Expense
Reports (production & corporate) - Corporate Credit Card & Cash
• Assist with revenue
recognition and project amortization for monthly close.
• Provide monthly
forecast for productions including P&L, cash flow, and variance analysis.
• Reconcile cost of
goods sold for both productions and acquisitions.
• Assist with
financial month end close and daily accounting activity on tight deadlines.
• Monthly journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
•Serve in backup capacity for other accounting functions.
• Document accounting and control procedures.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned by Controller or CFO.
• Must have Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
• Minimum 3-4 years prior experience of combined production & corporate
•Prefer experience with Quickbooks, Oracle (Fusion, NetSuite, PeopleSoft) and
some production accounting software (PSL, Vista, Ease, etc).
• Experience in film production and knowledge of tax, union, guild, and other
relevant government regulations
• Strong knowledge and understanding of the production process and experience
with budgets and weekly cost reports
• Skilled with PCs, accounting software, and MS Office including advanced Excel
1) cover letter, 2) resume and 3) salary range to: