cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) cold butter, cut into small pieces
1 cup canned pure pumpkin
zest of one orange
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
4 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and 1/3 cup light brown sugar.
3. Cut in butter, using fingertips or pastry cutter, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 eggs, the softened cream cheese, the pumpkin and the orange zest until incorporated. Mixture will be lumpy.
5. Add cream cheese mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until combined. Add pecans and stir just enough to evenly distribute pecans.
6. Drop dough into 12 equal mounds on a baking sheet that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray, about 1 inch apart. Brush tops with the beaten egg. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
7. About 5 minutes before scones come out of the oven, make the glaze. Place the 1/2 cup light brown sugar, the honey and 4 tablespoons butter in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil stirring often. Boil for 1 minute, then remove from heat.
8. When scones come out of oven, place them on a wire rack over a baking sheet. Drizzle with the glaze. Sprinkle the tops with 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans. 12 scones.