- Bonaccorso, F., R. Bernard, C. Todd, C. Pinzari, T. Zinn. In review. Influences of elevation on the diet of the Hawaiian hoary bat (Lasiurus cinereus semotus). Pacific Science.
- Carr, J. A., R. F. Bernard & W. H. Stiver. 2014. Unusual bat behavior in Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Southeastern Naturalist.
- Bernard, R. F., M. T. Patton, R. T. Jackson & D. Thames. 2014. Consumption of a northern long-eared bat (Myotis septentrionalis) by an American crow (Corvus brachyrhynchos) in Tennessee. Bat Research News. 55: 1 7-8.
- Bernard, R. 2011. Update: Spring 2009 HAS research grant recipient Riley Bernard, UHH. `Elepaio. 71:5 pp. 39.
- Bernard, R. 2011. Potential competitive dietary overlap between the invasive coqui frog (Eleutherodactylus coqui) and the endemic Hawaiian hoary bat (Lasiurus cinereus semotus) on the island of Hawai`i. Master’s thesis, University of Hawai`i at Hilo. Ann Arbor: ProQuest/UMI. Publication No. AAT 1496157.