TreKing is the most feature-complete Chicago public transit tracking app available for Android. Period.
Here is a detailed list of everything you can do with this powerful app.
Vehicle arrival predictions
- Real-time predictions for CTA buses
- Real-time predictions for CTA trains
- Real-time predictions for Pace buses
- Real-time predictions for Metra trains
- Scheduled predictions for South Shore trains
- Watch predictions right in the notification area
- Set a destination stop and get estimated trip time
- Create home screen widgets for your favorite stops
- Place widgets on the lock screen (4.2 and above)
Save your favorites
- Save frequently used stops ("Treks") and organize them with labels
- Reorder, rearrange, edit, and delete favorites easily
- Save favorite Routes for faster filtering
- Automatically and manually create backups for all of your data
- Get alerted when your vehicle is arriving
- Get alerted when you're arriving at your destination
- View all stops within up to a half mile radius
- View all routes that serve those stops and the directions they run in
- Quickly get predictions at any nearby stop
- Plot any saved stop on a map
- Find all stops in the visible map area at any time
- Get predictions for any plotted stop right on the map
- Plot all running vehicle locations and travel directions
- View the paths routes take
- Get step-by-step directions via public transit
- Set arrival or departure time to work around your schedule
- Save your frequently used queries for faster planning
- Save acquired directions for offline use
Even more features
- Get service alerts that may affect your trip
- Seamlessly import your data from free version
- Data caching for faster loading and offline use
- Built-in bug-reporting for quickly addressing any issues
- Dedicated customer support - just email me!
All this and the app is still under heavy, active development!
Many more features still to come, with major updates every month or two!