St. Stephen Respect Life Committee
is a St. Stephen the Martyr Parish ministry of Social Action and Justice.
The Respect Life Committee (RLC) promotes respect for and protection of all human life from conception to natural death.
RLC works with and supports pro-life organizations including:
· Helpers of God’s Precious Infants, by praying at abortion clinics;
· Pregnancy Aid Centers, by providing material and financial support;
· 40 Days for Life, by praying at abortion clinics and providing associated activities;
· 4US.org, by soliciting donations to purchase ultrasound machines to save precious lives;
· Life Chain, by promoting the national October prayer event;
· March for Life in Olympia, by promoting the event and helping provide transportation and signage;
· Knights of Columbus, by partnering with their respect life activities;
· Gospel of Life Institute, by helping to disseminate pro-life information;
· Gabriel Project, by helping to build that organization in the Seattle Archdiocese;
· Archdiocesan Council of Catholic Women (ACCW), by supporting their respect life activities.
RLC meets the 4th Tuesday of each month at 7:15 PM (after 6:30 PM Mass).
The Respect Life Group supports the mission and ministry of the Helpers of God's Precious Infants. See www.helpersbrooklynny.org/.
Helpers of God's Precious Infants is an international ministry committed to maintaining a loving and prayerful presence outside of abortion mills where God's children are put to death. We unite ourselves with the unborn, praying in solidarity with their pain, in reparation for the injustices performed on their tiny bodies. We remain with these babies in their hour of crucifixion; just as Our Blessed Mother and St. John lovingly stood and prayed beneath Jesus' cross as He died.
We PRAY to obtain God's Mercy for the conversion of abortionists and their staff.
We WITNESS to those who pass by, praying that they are inspired to object to the killing in their neighborhoods.
We PLEAD for the lives of the babies. We promise support and assistance if the mother should change her mind, and prayer for healing and conversion if she should proceed with the killing of her child.
Most of all, we LOVE the unborn children who are brought there that day.
The National Conference of Catholic Bishops Pro-Life Committee has listed The Helpers of God's Precious Infants www.helpersbrooklynny.org/ as a model program.
Helpers of God's Precious Infants Prayer Vigils
Wednesday-Saturday FIRST WEEK of every month:
any hour of your choosing from 7:30 AM to 6 PM at the
Renton Cedar River Clinics abortion facility, Cascade Crest Building, 263 Rainier Ave. S.
OR come join any of these groups:
St. Anthony parishioners pray 7:30 until 10:30 o'clock.
St. John Covington parishioners pray 10 until 11 o'clock.
St. Stephen the Martyr pastor, Father Ed White, prays with St. Stephen and St. Paul parishioners 11 until 12 o'clock.
First Thursdays, St. Anthony
First Fridays, St. Monica
Questions? See parking information and more at our blog http://ststephensrespectlife.blogspot.com/ or
*First Wednesday Processions *suspended until further notice
Immediately following 7:50 am Mass (approximately 8:30 am) at St. Anthony Church on S. 4th Street,
PROCESS following the route mapped below to Cedar River Clinics abortion facility,
spend an hour in prayer, and return in procession to St. Anthony.
First Wednesday Procession Driving/Walking Route (0.45 mile)
from: St. Anthony Church, 314 S. 4th St., Renton
to: Cascade Crest Building, 263 Rainier Ave. S.
Driving or Walking Directions:
1. Go WEST on S. 4th St.
2. Turn NORTH/RIGHT onto Shattuck Ave. S.
3. Turn WEST/LEFT onto S. 2nd St.
4. Driving: Turn LEFT into Taco Time's lot; park in row nearest Second Ave. at the Rainier Ave. end of the lot.
Walking: Turn LEFT onto Rainier Ave. S. OR cross 2nd St. and Rainier Ave. with the traffic light before turning LEFT onto Rainier Ave. S.
5. Stop on the Rainier Ave. sidewalk at Taco Time OR cross Rainier Ave. and stop at the Midas Shop.
Face the Cascade Crest Building (with backs toward Taco Time) while praying.
For Puget Sound area events visit the Gospel of Life Institute website…
For current proposed legislation affecting Life issues, watch the St. Stephen Legislative Advocacy blog http://legislativeadvocacy.blogspot.com/
For event info and more see http://ststephensrespectlife.blogspot.com/ or https://www.facebook.com/StStephenProLife
For recent meeting minutes, upcoming events and more, see http://ststephenslife.com/respect-life
If you have questions or would like to be included in our email list to receive meeting reminder notices,please email Mary at StStephenChoosesLife@yahoo.com .