Are you a Quality Assurance Engineer? A Test Engineer? A Project Manager or Team Leader?
You don't want to waste time and money with a complex tool?
Reqchecker is a simple and efficient tool that manages the requirements written under any format, including Microsoft Office:
- Use your existing specification and test plan with Word or Excel
- Ensure your requirements are completely covered by test cases
- Ensure propagation of all requirement changes trough specifications and test plans
- Requirement Management is a best practice for software development. It ensures that your software meets all the required needs.
REQCHECKER checks that the requirements are well defined and covered in several documents. These sources can be MS Office WORD 97, MS EXCEL 97 and can be easily extended to any data source.
The main usage of REQCHECKER for software development is:
- REQCHECKER ensures that the specifications cover the needs,
- REQCHECKER ensures that the tests cover the specification.
The tool is free and really user friendly : you can directly use it with Microsoft Windows Explorer. All information are stored into a single runnable file : the coverage file (*.cover). The tool runs standalone.
The multi-format reader part of Reqchecker source code is available there
- parses the requirements in several documents
- checks that all requirements are covered at least once
- manages partial coverage
- manages orphans
- manages deleted coverage
- manages change using version tags
- ignores part of documents (filter by position)
- Text (.txt)
- Microsoft WORD 97 (.doc)
- Microsoft EXCEL 97 (.xls)
- API for extension to other format
- PDF full report
- CSV report with status, statement, coverage list
- Windows explorer integration
- GUI editor : files, syntax, filters, reports
- Progress bar
For example the first document is the specification that contains one statement :
<REQ_0123> About box
The software has an about box.
The second document is the test book that contains one coverage :
Open the About menu, a dialog box is displayed with the file name, the copyright and the version. <<REQ_0123>>
Group all files in the same folder, right-clic on each file and select "ADD".
The coverage file is automatically created and initialized.
The syntax can be customized.
Double-click on the coverage file to launch the analysis.
Open the new report file that looks like this :
Next version (april 2014)
Reader : Open-Office Writer Reader (.odt)
Reader : Adobe Portable Reader (.pdf)
Reader : WORD 2007 reader (.docx)
Engine : "VERSION MAX" filter : the requirements that have a version higher than the one specified are not displayed in the reports
All : minor fix
Help : Detailed, HTML version
Engine : Automatically insert statements in a document, one requirement for each chapter title. This allow to start quickly the coverage of a document which has no statement.
Engine : Minimal number of coverage : the statement of a requirement can define how many partial coverage are needed to be fully covered.
Report : Link with source : double click open the source file.
Report : Export under RIF format (Requirements Interchange Format) to ensure the compatibility with other tools.
Engine : Possibility to add customized attributes for requirement. The values are displayed in the reports. For example "creation date", "author" and so on.
Engine : Impact analysis : links several coverages and compute the full tree.
Engine : Analyse cohesive group of requirements. This helps on impact analysis. When a requirement is modified, all the requirements of the group should be checked.
Reader : XML document Reader (.xml .xmi)
Reader : EXCEL 2007 reader (.docx)
Reader : POWERPOINT 2007 reader (.docx)
OS : Run on Linux platform