(cv, contact email@example.com)
Mechanical and Automation Engineering
Faculty of Engineering
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong SAR, China
Dr. Wei Ren received his B.S. in Mechanical Engineering and M.S. in Optical Engineering
from Tsinghua University in 2006 and 2008, respectively. He
received Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from Stanford University under the advisory of Prof. Ronald K. Hanson in 2013. After one year of postdoc research with Prof. Frank K. Tittel in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Rice University, he joined CUHK as an assistant professor in the Department of Mechanical and Automation Engineering in August, 2014. His current research focuses on the development of new technologies and the understanding of basic principles in the areas of combustion and propulsion, alternative fuels, laser diagnostics and trace gas sensing.
Recent Selected Publications
- Zhen Wang, Zhili Li, and Wei Ren*, Opt. Express, 24, 4143-4154 (2016).
- Zhili Li, Zhen Wang, Chao Wang, Wei Ren*, Appl. Phys. B, 122 (2016).
- Wei Ren*, King-Yiu Lam, David F. Davidson, Ronald K. Hanson, et al., Proc. Combust. Inst. (2016).
- Wei Ren*, Longqiang Luo, F. K. Tittel, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 221, 1062-1068 (2015).
- Wei Ren*, Wenzhe Jiang, Nancy
P. Sanchez, et al., Appl. Phys. Lett., 104, 041117 (2014).
- Wei Ren*,
Enoch Dames, Derrek Hyland, David F Davidson, and Ronald K Hanson, Combust.
and Flame 160(12), 2669-2679 (2013).
- 2014-present, Assistant Professor, Mechanical and Automation Engineering, CUHK
- 2016/6 Wei Ren receives the RGC GRF grant.
- 2016/5 Wei Ren receives the ITF grant to develop a non-invasive medical device for breath analysis: a collaborative project with hospitals (AHNH, PWH) and industry.
- 2016/4 Mr. Jian Geng joins our group. Welcome!
- 2016/2 Mr. Chao Shi joins our group. Welcome!
- 2015/12 Wei Ren receives the ITF grant to develop an ultra-sensitive gas sensor for environmental monitoring.
- 2015/8 Wei Ren receives the NSFC Young Scientist grant.
- 2015/8 Dr. Zhili Li and Mr. Liuhao Ma join our group. Welcome!
- 2015/8 Group photo: