(cv, contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mechanical and Automation Engineering
Faculty of Engineering
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong SAR, China
Dr. Wei Ren received his B.S. in Mechanical Engineering and M.S. in Optical Engineering
from Tsinghua University in 2006 and 2008, respectively. He
received Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from Stanford University under the advisory of Prof. Ronald K. Hanson in 2013. After one year of postdoc research with Prof. Frank K. Tittel in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Rice University, he joined CUHK as an assistant professor in the Department of Mechanical and Automation Engineering in August, 2014. His current research focuses on the development of new technologies and the understanding of basic principles in the areas of combustion and propulsion, alternative fuels, laser diagnostics and trace gas sensing.
Recent Selected Publications
- Zhen Wang, Zhili Li, and Wei Ren*, Opt. Express, 24, 4143-4154 (2016).
- Zhili Li, Zhen Wang, Chao Wang, Wei Ren*, Appl. Phys. B, 122 (2016).
- Wei Ren*, King-Yiu Lam, David F. Davidson, Ronald K. Hanson, et al., Proc. Combust. Inst. (2016).
- Wei Ren*, Longqiang Luo, F. K. Tittel, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 221, 1062-1068 (2015).
- Wei Ren*, Wenzhe Jiang, Nancy
P. Sanchez, et al., Appl. Phys. Lett., 104, 041117 (2014).
- Wei Ren*,
Enoch Dames, Derrek Hyland, David F Davidson, and Ronald K Hanson, Combust.
and Flame 160(12), 2669-2679 (2013).
- 2014-present, Assistant Professor, Mechanical and Automation Engineering, CUHK
- 2016/8 Chenyu Yao, Junjun Wu and Ke Xu join our group as PhD students. Welcome!
- 2016/8 Zhen Wang attended the PIERS 2016 in Shanghai, China and presented an oral presentation.
- 2016/8 Wei Ren and Liuhao Ma attended the 36th International Symposium on Combustion in Seoul, Korea; Wei Ren presented an oral presentation and Liuhao presented a poster, respectively.
- 2016/8 Ke Xu is awarded the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS). Congratulations!