(cv, contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mechanical and Automation Engineering
Faculty of Engineering
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong SAR, China
Dr. Wei Ren received his B.S. in Mechanical Engineering and M.S. in Optical Engineering
from Tsinghua University in 2006 and 2008, respectively. He
received Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from Stanford University under the advisory of Prof. Ronald K. Hanson in 2013. After one year of postdoc research with Prof. Frank K. Tittel in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Rice University, he joined CUHK as an assistant professor in the Department of Mechanical and Automation Engineering in August, 2014. His current research focuses on the development of new technologies and the understanding of basic principles in the areas of combustion and propulsion, alternative fuels, laser diagnostics and trace gas sensing.
- Wei Ren, R. Mitchell Spearrin,
David F. Davidson, and Ronald K. Hanson, J. Phys. Chem. A, 118(10), 1785-1798 (2014).
- Wei Ren, Wenzhe Jiang, Nancy
P. Sanchez, et al., Appl. Phys. Lett., 104, 041117 (2014).
Jahjah, Wei Ren, Przemysław Stefański,
et al., Analyst, 139, 2065-2069 (2014).
Lam, Sung H Pyun, Aamir Farooq, David F Davidson, and Ronald K Hanson, Proc. Combust. Inst. 34(1), 453-461 (2013).
- Wei Ren,
Enoch Dames, Derrek Hyland, David F Davidson, and Ronald K Hanson, Combust.
and Flame 160(12), 2669-2679 (2013).
Farooq, David F Davidson, and Ronald K Hanson, Appl. Phys. B 107(3), 849-860 (2012).
- 2014-present, Assistant Professor, Mechanical and Automation Engineering, CUHK
- 2013-2014, Postdoc Researcher, Electrical & Computer Eng., Rice University
- 2008-2013, Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University
- 2006-2008, M.S., Precision Instrument Department, Tsinghua University
- 2002-2006, B.S., Precision Instrument Department, Tsinghua University
- 2015/12 Wei Ren receives the ITF fund to develop an ultra-sensitive gas sensor for environmental monitoring.
- 2015/8 Wei Ren receives the NSFC Young Scientist Fund.
- 2015/8 Dr. Zhili Li and Mr. Liuhao Ma join our group. Welcome!
- 2015/8 Group photo:
- 2015/7 Six summer research students (from University of Liverpool, UC Riverside and Peking University) join us. Welcome!
- 2015/6 Wei Ren receives the RGC ECS fund.
- 2015/5 Mr. Zhen Wang joins our group. Welcome!
- 2015/3 Wei Ren presented an invited talk in the School of Aerospace Engineering at Tsinghua University.
- 2015/3 Wei Ren presented an invited talk in the School of Mechanical Engineering at Tianjin University.
- 2014/8 Embark on a new venture at the Chinese University of Hong Kong!