Reid's Retreat - Sylvan Lake Rental
Furnished Lake Front, Huge Lot, Sleeps 10
Beautiful lake front property on
private side of Sylvan Lake. 10 minute drive to town, half an hour to
city of Red Deer. Fully furnished and fully equipped 4 bedroom, 2 full
bathrooms, walk-out basement, 6 major appliances, stereo, BBQ, patio
sets, boat dock, fireplace, firepit. Swingsets, 2 trampolines, sand box,
baby gates and highchair for the kids! Bedding and towels provided, all
you bring is your food! Sleeps 10 (Maximum 8 adults). Private beach!
Basement Rec. Room
1. Is there a dock to tie up our boat? There is a dock, but whether or not it gets put in is totally dependent on how high the water is. This will be determined by the end of June, and is not guaranteed to be put in before July, if at all. Having said that, there’s only been one year in the last 16 that it hasn’t been put in.
2. Is there somewhere to launch our boat? The marina in town is probably the best bet. There is another boat launch in Sunbreaker Cove, but is harder to find, and about the same distance from the cabin as the marina.
3. Where is the cabin located? In the Birchcliff Summer Village, on the other side (North) of the lake from town.
4. Is the beach private? Yes. It is not a public beach.
5. Is the beach sandy? Not usually, but this too is dependent on how high the water is. We do have a man-made sand ‘pit’. That is adequate for children to build sand castles, etc.
6. Is the lake bottom rocky? Not usually. (Rocks get blown up in storms, so this too is dependent on circumstances.)
7. Is the beach area safe for kids? Yes. It is (usually) really shallow in front of our cabin, for a long way!
8. How many bedrooms? 4. Four double beds and a set of twin bunk beds. (One room has one double bed and the bunks).
9. How many bathrooms? 2. Full bathrooms with tubs/showers.
10. What kind of appliances? Washer/Dryer, Dishwasher, Fridge, Stove, Microwave, BBQ, Coffee Maker, Toaster…etc. Pots/Pans, Plates, cutlery, etc. is also all provided.
11. What about linens and towels? All linens and towels are provided. We just ask that you wash them and leave them how you found them.
12. What are the check in/check out times? Check in is normally 4pm on Sunday and check out is 4pm on Friday.
13. What about toiletries and other items? As stated in the rental agreement, any items you use must be replaced before you go; such as: garbage bags, paper towel, toilet paper, propane and any grocery items. It is sometimes easier to bring your own.
14. When is the rental payment due? Upon check-in. Cheque or cash only.
15. Is there a firepit? Yes. Firewood is not guaranteed though.
16. Is there a damage deposit? Yes. 50% of the rent, due at check-in. This will be refunded within 3 weeks of check-out upon examination by the owners, if the property is left as it was found.
17. Are pets allowed? Not unless a prior agreement has been made.
18. Are there any other charges? There will be a $15 charge for lost keys.
19. Can we have guests? Extra guests except the ones agreed on between the renters and owners are prohibited.
there a reservation fee?
Yes. $250 is needed to hold your reservation. This fee will be taken out of
your rental amount. This fee is non-refundable.
NOT RENTING IN 2016
is needed to hold the reservation.
Your reservation is not confirmed until payment is received. The reservation fee is non-refundable.
$1000 is due 2 weeks before check-in. Non-refundable.
This amount will be deducted from the rent.
Remaining rent and damage deposit is due to the
owners upon arrival.
Check in time: 3pm
Check Out Time: 3pm
Damage Deposit is half (50%) the amount of the rent due upon arrival. This money will be refunded (within 3 weeks of check-out) after examination by the owners if there is no damage, theft, and if no cleaning is needed. Renters will be held liable for repair of any damages made that exceed the amount of the damage deposit.
will be a $100 charge if premise is left dirty.
of any kind are prohibited unless a prior agreement has been made.
guests besides the ones agreed upon verbally (or in writing) by owner and
renter are prohibited.
garage, utility trailers, RV trailer, hot tub and lakeside shed are not part of
the cabin rental.
Please note there is no cable or wifi. There is a DVD player.
Any grocery or other items (toilet paper, propane, soap, etc.) is to be replaced by the renters prior to check-out. Garbage must be taken outside and left in the bins provided.
charge for lost keys.
It is understood and agreed that the owner of said premises shall
not be liable for any damages or any injury to the renter, family or guests or
to their property from whatever cause arising from occupancy of said premises
by the renter. It is further understood and agreed that owner shall not be
responsible for any personal property left by the renter in said premises. Trampolines and all equipment is to be used at your OWN risk (there are no nets on the trampolines).
Please always supervise children on the dock and in the water.
When the renter pays the complete rental money and the damage deposit to the owner he/she is accepting the conditions of this agreement.
Please email with any questions or to book!