The goal of AYSO Region 1288 and the AYSO organization is to encourage the growth of soccer and promote positive child development. AYSO is a parent-based volunteer organization providing a soccer program for all children regardless of experience or skill level.
Registration of your child in our program implies responsibility to the team and adherence to the five principles of AYSO: Everyone Plays, Balanced Teams, Positive Coaching, Open Registration, Good Sportsmanship.
AYSO is a nationwide non-profit organization that develops and delivers quality youth soccer programs in a fun, family environment based on AYSO's Five Philosophies:
- Everyone Plays: Our program's goal is for kids to play soccer-so we mandate that every player on every team must play at least half of every game.
- Balanced Teams: Each year we form new teams as evenly balanced as possible-because it is fair and more fun when teams of equal ability play.
- Open Registration: Our program is open to all children between 4-1/2 and 19 years of age who want to register and play soccer. Interest and enthusiasm are the only criteria for playing.
- Positive Coaching: Encouragement of player effort provides for greater enjoyment by the players and ultimately leads to better-skilled and better-motivated players.
- Good Sportmanship: We strive to create a positive environment based on mutual respect rather than a win-at-all-costs attitude, and our program is designed to instill good sportsmanship in every facet of AYSO.
- Player Development: We believe that all players should be able to develop their soccer skills and knowledge to the best of their abilities, both individually and as members of a team, in order to maximize their enjoyment of the game.