rxrepl is a Microsoft Windows command line tool to search and replace text in text files using Perl compatible regular expressions (PCRE).
It has the following features:
This is currently a Windows only tool but I am considering making this a Linux open source project.
- Search using Perl Compatible Regular Expressions
- Use group matching in replacement text
- Supports Windows and Unix line endings
- Unicode support
- Accepts multiple search/replace arguments
- Options may be provided in an options file
- Scan for files
- Preview mode
- Line and full file matching modes
Here is a screen shot of the command line options.