The Railway Engineers Forum (REF) is a multi-disciplinary combining the professional institutions with strong railway interests:
- Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)
- Institution of Engineering & Technology (IET)
- Institution of Railway Operators (IRO)
- Institution of Railway Signal Engineers (IRSE)
- Permanent Way Institution (PWI)
- Railway Civil Engineers Association (RCEA)
- Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT)
The aim of the REF is to harmonise the strengths of the constituent institutions in devising and implementing their programmes of activities in support of the railway community. This may encompass such activities as conferences, seminars, lectures, training, information services, publications and statements of policy to Government and other Regulatory Body policies. The harmonisation process will aim to avoid duplicated dates or duplication of events,with the same speaker and to promote joint ventures whenever this is possible and to maximise the visibility of such activities to the widest possible audience.
The Scottish REF aims to provide you with a single point of reference, both for events and contacts, for all of the Scottish Institutions.
The REF Scotland and combined REF UK events programme for 2015 can be viewed or downloaded at the link below
Why not add us to your Favourites so you can easily find us again?