1 T EVOO
2 leeks, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 stalks celery, roughly chopped
10 oz bag frozen artichoke hearts
½ tsp oregano (dried)
½ tsp thyme (dried leaves)
¼ tsp rosemary (dried)
¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
4 c vegetable stock
2 to 3 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped (I used half kale and half spinach); and divided in half
½ c half-n-half
2 T butter
¾ c shredded gruyere cheese
¾ c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/3c grated locatelli cheese
1. In a dutch oven, heat olive oil over med-high heat. Add leeks, garlic and celery and sauté until celery is starting to soften. Add artichokes and spices and continue to sauté until veggies start to brown and carmelize.
2. Add stock and half of the spinach. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer.
3. After veggies are fully cooked and soft, puree soup with a stick blender (or in a regular blender in batches; be careful of blending hot liquids!).
4. Add butter, half-n-half and cheeses and stir until melted and combined. And remaining spinach and simmer for a few minutes to let the leaves wilt.
5. Serve with tortilla chips or topping of your choice. Enjoy!