- 1 lb boneless chicken thigh, preferably with skin, cut into 2-inch pieces.
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1-inch fresh ginger, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sake
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup potato starch
- Oil for frying
- In a large mixing bowl, combine garlic, ginger, soys sauce, sake, salt and pepper. Add chicken pieces into the marinade, mix well. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan to 350 F. Dust the chicken in potato starch, fry in the hot oil until golden brown. Transfer the chicken to paper towel to absorb excess oil. Serve immediately while they're hot.