- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cup chicken stock
- 12 ounces baby spinach, washed
- 1 cup dry pasta
- 1 can Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper
- Grated parmesan for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, mix turkey, egg, bread crumbs, cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper until well combined. Roll meat mixture into 1-inch balls, place them on a lined baking sheet (you should have about 30-35 meatballs), bake for 30 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through and lightly browned. Set aside.
- In a soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, sauté until soft. Add chicken stock into the pot, bring to boil. Add beans and dry pasta into the boiling stock, cook for 5-6 minutes until the pasta is almost tender. Add meatballs, season the soup with salt and pepper, simmer for 1 minute.
- Stir-in the spinach, cook until just wilted, about 1 minute. Ladle soup into individual bowls, sprinkle with parmesan cheese, and serve immediately.