01.06.2010.Minutes

Red Cedar Zen Board of Directors

minutes                                                                                                                                  Wednesday, January 6th 2010

 

full value contract

We commit:

  • to maintaining physical, psychological, and emotional safety
  • to working together to foster both group and individual goals; giving the group what it needs and individuals what they need.
  • to speaking and listening fearlessly to one another and fully talking things through.

 

Our Guest’s Business

 

Our Old Business

RCDH Logo: Update by Brian. Brian will consult with Talus. He will continue to work on this project as time allows.  

Decision: No new information at this time.

 

New Treasurer/New VP: Members discussed Treasurer duties. Don reported about his meeting with Marti about the financial procedures which are adequate at this time. Don discussed his role as a “special projects” person, keeping the big eye on the financial future of RCZC. Don will focus on a sustainable RCZC practice space. Board member roles were reviewed within the context of the workgroup structure.  Jeff reported that he made contact with two potential VP volunteers. One member continues to show interest in a job share, and the other declined.

Decision: RCZC board will continue to engage members about board volunteer opportunities. Volunteer needs will be discussed at the annual meeting on 1.16.2010

Action: Don will reach out to volunteers within the Finance and Building Workgroups.

Action: Tim and Don will meet to discuss RCZC building and financial history.


 

Annual Meeting:  Finalize any last minute items and discuss invitations. The group discussed the purpose of the meeting. Ideas were as follows, transparency, budget and finance, workgroup structure and volunteer positions, celebrating sangha, open forum from sangha.

9:00 zazen, kinhin,

9:30 Blessing Ceremony

10:00 Annual Sangha Voices

11:00-12:00 Tea and sangha

Decision: Board members will do very little presentation. The will have materials prepared and will speak briefly in a circular format.

Action: Annual Meeting notes will be taken by the RCZC Secretary.

Action: Jeff-RCZC Service & Full Value Contract, high trust. low fear.           

                Kate- Membership Update

                Tim- Revised Workgroup structure

                Don- Finance overview and special projects

                Brian-Tech Systematic and comment cards

 

Our New Business

Workgroup Structure Revisions: Review the workgroup changes. Tim proposed eliminating Sustainability and Donor Relations Workgroup. Sustainability is happening everywhere, but not in a separate group. Since there are no large donors to work with, the Donor Relations group is unnecessary. Another proposal was to make the Library it’s own workgroup and place it under the Spiritual Director, and to add Member Support under the Membership Workgroup.

Decision: Completed

 

Technology Workgroup Update:

Decision: moved to next meeting.

Comments