Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Makes 12 donuts
For the Donuts -
1 1/3 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
4 TBSP butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1-2 vanilla beans - split, seeds scraped
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup milk
For the Glaze-
1 cup powdered sugar
pinch of salt
5 TBSP milk
1/4 tsp vanilla
2 cups General Mills Star Wars™ Darth Vader cereal
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Prepare donut pan by spraying with cooking spray.
3. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt - mix lightly.
4. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until mixture is creamy. I used a hand mixer.
5. Beat in vanilla bean seeds, egg, and vanilla until completely combined with sugar mixture.
6. Add milk and mix for 2 minutes.
7. Slowly beat in the flour mixture until combined well.
8. Spoon batter into donut pan. Each donut tin should be about half full - do not overfill!
9. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
10. While donuts are baking prepare the glaze. In a small bowl whisk together the powdered sugar, vanilla, salt and vanilla. If the glaze is too thick simply add another TBSP of milk to the glaze.
11. Once donuts are baked, remove from tin and let cool completely.
12. Dip the tops of each donut into the glaze and let the excess drip off.
13. Top each donut with some fun General Mills Star Wars™ Darth Vader cereal! Let glaze harden before serving.