3/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 cup pineapple juice
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp lemon juice
1 cup Acini De pepe (macaroni)
2 cans(11 oz) mandarin oranges, drained
1 can (20 oz) chunk pineapple, drained
1 can (20oz) crushed pineapple, drained
1 carton (8 oz) Cool Whip
1 cup miniature marshmallows
Maraschino cherries for topping (optional)
1. In a small sauce pan, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Stir in the pineapple juice and egg. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Add lemon juice. Set aside and cool.
2. Cook the Acini De pepe according to package directions and drain.
3. Combine cooked Acini Di pepe with the cooked mixture in a large bowl.
4. Cover bowl with foil and place in refrigerator until chilled. Usually takes about an hour.
5. Once mixture is chilled combine the canned fruit with the Anci mixture and stir lightly.
6. Next add the marshmallows and Cool Whip to the mixture. Stir Well!
7. Chill at least 1 hour before serving. Top with maraschino cherries if desired. Enjoy!