For the Turkey Meatballs:
2 pounds ground turkey - thawed
4 tsp minced garlic
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 tsp onion powder
For the Firecracker Sauce:
1/2 cup El Yucateco® Red Habanero Hot Sauce
1 cup light brown sugar
2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees and prepare a large baking sheet with cooking spray or parchment paper.
2. In a small saucepan, combine El Yucateco® Red Habanero Hot Sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar and salt over medium heat.
3. Sauce needs to come to a boil - once boiling, reduce heat and let sauce simmer for 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to let sauce thicken while you make the turkey meatballs.
4. In a large bowl combine the ground turkey, garlic, salt, pepper, eggs, panko breadcrumbs and onion powder.
5. Using your hands, mix all ingredients together completely.
6. Shape the meatballs with an ice cream scoop and place meatballs on the prepared baking sheets.
7. Bake at 475 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until the meatballs are completely cooked through.
8. Using a fork, dip each cooked meatball into the thickened firecracker sauce. Make sure to completely cover each meatball with the sauce.
9. Place sauced meatballs back on baking sheets and return to the oven for another 3 minutes.
10. Serve Firecracker Turkey Meatballs with additional firecracker sauce if desired. Enjoy meatballs as an appetizer.