2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 onion, chopped
2 1/2 cups beef broth
3-5 potatoes, cubed
4 carrots, sliced
1. Prepare all veggies and potatoes the evening before. Store in a zip lock bag in the refrigerator. I used a lot of potatoes and carrots in our stew because we had so many from our harvesting.
2. When ready to start the crock, mix together the flour, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
3. Place cubed meat in the crock pot. Pour the flour mixture over meat, and stir to coat meat with flour mixture.
4. Stir in the garlic, bay leaf, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, onion, beef broth, potatoes, and carrots.
5. Cover, and cook on Low setting for 10 to 12 hours, or on High setting for 4 to 6 hours.