4 TBSP unsalted butter
1 large yellow onion - chopped
1 TBSP Garlic Powder
1 12 ounce can of Dr. Pepper
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
3 TBSP Tomato paste
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1. In a medium sauce pan, add garlic powder, butter and chopped onion, heat over medium heat for about 10 minutes. The butter will melt and the onions should become translucent.
2. Once onions are cooked, add all of the other ingredients to your saucepan. Stir well.
3. Let sauce come to a boil. Once at a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 15 minutes.
4. After 15 minutes, remove from heat. The sauce will begin to thicken up - cool for about 10 minutes before dressing the hot dogs.
5. Once cooled - spoon the sauce over the hot dogs. Enjoy!!