2 TBSP olive oil
1 medium onion - diced
2 bunches of asparagus - trimmed into 1 inch pieces
1 1/2 cup brown rice
2 cloves garlic - crushed
3 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup half and half
1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
2 TBSP butter
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil and onions over medium heat. Onions should be translucent when done. 2-3 minutes
2. Add rice to onions and oil. Let rice brown a little.
3. Add garlic and cook for another couple of minutes.
4. Add chicken broth to the rice and stir and cover. Turn heat down to low/medium and cook for about 10 minutes.
5. Add asparagus pieces to rice mixture. Cover and continue cooking until all of the liquid is absorbed and the rices is tender, should take another 10 minutes.
6. Turn heat to low and add butter, half and half and cheese. Stir constantly until the cheese is melted and mixed completely.
7. Remove from heat and add salt and pepper for taste. Serve immediately. You can also add some Parmesan cheese for extra cheesiness! Enjoy!!