2 pounds lean ground beef or turkey
1 medium onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
For the Cornbread - Recipe:
1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 cup yellow stone-ground cornmeal
1/4 cup Monk Fruit In The Raw™
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup 1% milk, at room temperature
2 large eggs
3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef/turkey, pepper and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until brown; drain.
2. Stir in tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until boiling; keep warm.
3. Prepare cornbread while the meat mixture is cooking,
4. Spoon hot meat mixture into 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish.
5. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup of the cheese.
6. Spoon corn bread batter evenly over top.
7. Bake uncovered for 25 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of topping comes out clean.
8. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese over hot casserole.
If you are reheating the casserole, preheat oven to 350, cover casserole with foil and warm for 15 minutes.