Recipe makes 6 hearty muffins.
1 medium ripe banana
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon oil
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup granulated sweetener of your choice
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/4 cup chocolate chips, melted
3 TBSP Jif Peanut Powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line six muffin tins with paper liners.
3. Mash banana well with a fork into a medium mixing bowl.
4. Add oil, egg, milk, and vanilla and mix well with the banana.
5. Add flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda to bowl and stir until just combined.
6. Add oats to the mixture and stir.
7. In a small microwave safe bowl melt chocolate chips in microwave for 30-45 seconds. Stir until smooth. Let chocolate cool slightly.
8. Take half of the batter and pour into a small mixing bowl. Add melted chocolate to one half of the batter - mix well.
9. Add Jif Peanut Powder to the remaining batter and mix well.
10. Fill each muffin liner with each batter - chocolate and peanut butter.
11. Swirl batters together with a toothpick or spoon.
12. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
13. Enjoy warm or freeze muffins for easy on the go breakfast options.