1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup mini chocolate chips
Sweet cookie or cracker of your choice
1. In a medium sauce pan, heat butter, salt and brown sugar over medium heat.
2. While heating, stir mixture constantly. The brown sugar will dissolve.
3. Once sugar has dissolved, remove pan from heat and whisk in the vanilla. Let mixture cool to room temperature.
4. In a large mixing bowl combine powdered sugar and cream cheese. Using a hand mixer beat the cream cheese and sugar for 2 minutes. Mixture will become smooth.
5. Slowly add room temperature sugar mixture to the cream cheese mixture with hand mixer on low speed. Beat for 2 minutes.
6. Using a spatula mix in the chocolate chips.
7. Serve with sweet crackers or cookies. If not serving immediately refrigerate the dip. Enjoy!