6 TBSP butter, room temp
1 1/2 Cup Cornmeal
1 1/2 Cups Flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar - I used a sugar substitute
1 tsp salt
1 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1 1/2 Cups Buttermilk
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 packet ranch dressing mix
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 9x13 baking pan.
2. In medium bowl mix the flour, cornmeal, baking soda, and salt together.
3. In a second mixing bowl cream butter on medium for about 1 minute until butter is fluffy.
4. Add sugar to butter and mix again until completely combined.
5. Next add eggs and buttermilk and mix well.
6. Pour buttermilk and butter mixture into the flour/cornmeal and stir well. Batter will be thick and combined well.
7. Gently fold in the ranch dressing powder and shredded cheese. Don’t over mix
8. Pour batter into greased baking pan.
9. Bake for 35 minutes.
10. Enjoy cornbread warm with your favorite bowl of soup!