For the Sugar Cookie Crust
1/2 cup unsalted butter - softened to room temp
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
For the Frosting
4 oz. cream cheese - softened
1/4 cup butter - softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
For the Caramel Apple Topping
3 apples, diced (we used granny smith and gala)
2 cups club soda water
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. First, prepare the sugar cookie dough. Using a stand mixer, cream the softened butter with a paddle attachment in a large mixing bowl. Cream for about 1 minute on medium speed.
2. Once nice and smooth add sugar and beat on medium speed until fluffy and light in color.
3. Beat in egg and vanilla.
4. In a separate medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cornstarch together.
5. With the stand mixer running on low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
6. Once completely combined - remove dough from bowl and place in a resealable bag, remove all air from bag.
7. Chill dough for at least one hour before using. TIP - with out chilling the dough, the cookie crust will spread over the sides of the pizza pan when baking.
8. When ready to bake cookie crust - preheat over to 350 degrees. Grease pizza pan.
9. Press chilled cookie dough onto pan into a flat circle.
10. Bake cookie for 18-20 minutes - until edges are nice and golden brown.
11. Once baked - let cookie completely cool - putting it into the refrigerator is an easy way to do this.
12. Time to make the frosting. Using a stand mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth.
13. Beat in the soften butter
14. Mix in powdered sugar. Frosting will be nice and smooth.
15. Spread frosting onto the cooled sugar cookie crust.
16. Dice apples in bite size pieces. Once prepared add apple into a bowl of club soda water. This makes sure the apples do not brown.
17. Spread diced apples over the frosting evenly.
18. Sprinkle chopped pecans and drizzle caramel sauce over the apples.
19. Cut dessert pizza just like a normal pizza. Serve and enjoy!